Canadian fuel strip help - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2014, 7:46 pm Thread Starter

Canadian fuel strip help

I was told by my dealer today that Canada as of right now will not do the replacement strip under thier "warranty/campain"

My Dealer will offer if they sold you the bike free replacement though "good will", My bike was for me a private sale due to a crash/right off. I have 2 past purchase's with them so they would offer me labour only cost.
Any one here from Canada get some type of letter from BMW about these fuel strips or is just an USA extended warranty?
Thanks
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 2014, 9:40 am

No letter here.....had the bike since new...

kbikeinbc
07 Kgt
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 2014, 12:08 pm

I believe they're warrantying them globally, I know some in Europe have had theirs replaced under warranty. I Thought BMWNA was covering this, so wouldn't they warranty Canada as well?

Did you call BMWNA? They'll be able to tell you. The # is 800-831-1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGK1200GT
I was told by my dealer today that Canada as of right now will not do the replacement strip under thier "warranty/campain"

My Dealer will offer if they sold you the bike free replacement though "good will", My bike was for me a private sale due to a crash/right off. I have 2 past purchase's with them so they would offer me labour only cost.
Any one here from Canada get some type of letter from BMW about these fuel strips or is just an USA extended warranty?
Thanks
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 4th, 2014, 8:56 pm Thread Starter

So I got ahold of BMW Canada and got a reply.
Remember my dealer is unaware of any campaign/warranty on the fuel strip at this time in Canada.
He offered half off parts( corrected my mistake from perviouse post) and I pay labour as a "good will" since I did not purchase this bike off them, but I did purchas 2 other.
BMW contacted my dealer and the result is that it is still not covered here in Canada but as a better "good will " he has offered full coverage on the parts but I will still have to pay for the labour. Got to love how BMW Canada solves issues

So there you have it the 12 yr warranty is world wide accept for Canada.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2014, 7:47 pm

...typical.......

kbikeinbc
07Kgt
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGK1200GT
So I got ahold of BMW Canada and got a reply.
Remember my dealer is unaware of any campaign/warranty on the fuel strip at this time in Canada.
He offered half off parts( corrected my mistake from perviouse post) and I pay labour as a "good will" since I did not purchase this bike off them, but I did purchas 2 other.
BMW contacted my dealer and the result is that it is still not covered here in Canada but as a better "good will " he has offered full coverage on the parts but I will still have to pay for the labour. Got to love how BMW Canada solves issues

So there you have it the 12 yr warranty is world wide accept for Canada.
This should be a bloody wake up call for all those Canadian BMW owners or prospective owners. What a load of crap. I would never buy a BMW in Canada if this is how owners are treated up yonder... Sell your bike and get a dependable FJR, or reasonable facsimile.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode