'10 K13GT Issues - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 8:23 pm Thread Starter
Noob

'10 K13GT Issues

Hi all,
I am considering buying a 2010 K13GT but wonder if all the issues posted throughout this site of the '06 > K12GT's were remedied in the 13's, especially the 2010 since it was the last year...? Any info you can share is greatly appreciated!
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2014, 8:15 am
Enthusiast

All the issues? no. Most of them? yes. Then it has its own issues like switches on the bars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2014, 11:15 pm

The K13GT has many of the K12GT issues fixed (fuel strip, fueling and airbox issues, etc.). That said, they still need attention in some familiar areas. Make sure the cam chain jump guard has been installed (covered by BMW, zero cost if done when the bike is in the shop for regular service) and that any other recalls (foam pad in brake reservoir, rear suspension linkage, etc.) have been addressed. Beyond that, general consensus is to replace cam chain and sprockets on a schedule (I'll be doing mine when I hit 48k) and be sure to follow the correct procedure when changing out coolant so you don't get airlocks and overheat the engine.

These are awesome bikes, 75lb lighter than the K16s and rated at the same HP. Have the bike checked as mentioned above, buy it, and enjoy nimbly running circles around K16s and porky Japanese sport-tourers.

Best,

GTRider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2014, 12:09 pm
Addict-oholic

Fabulous bike. I have had mine for 5 years and love it. I have the handlebar switches replaced and the stalling issue addressed by a remap of the computer by the dealer. I also had a hot start wiring kit installed. Now, I use Techron every other tankful and the dealer leans the fuel system every other year.

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2014, 8:57 am
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by moymurfs
All the issues? no. Most of them? yes. Then it has its own issues like switches on the bars.
dealer changed all my switches on my 2010 on a recall...

happy trails

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode