New Member - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 2014, 2:38 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Hi all
New guy here
I collect my 09 K1300 Gt this Saturday, have traded in a R1200 RT for it, and am looking forward to reading your posts and learning all about the new bike

Impressed with this site already.............lots of info here to read

Gary

If you can park and walk away without looking back at it, your riding the wrong bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 2014, 4:43 pm
Addict

Welcome aboard. Interested to hear your impressions of slant 4 power vs the 2 banger, as I ride both.

Good luck with the new ride.

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2014, 1:45 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrick
Welcome aboard. Interested to hear your impressions of slant 4 power vs the 2 banger, as I ride both.

Good luck with the new ride.
Thanks lhendrick, I have a 2.5 hour ride home on the K tomorrow when I collect it, so will let you know my initial views when I get back and thaw out !

If you can park and walk away without looking back at it, your riding the wrong bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2014, 1:48 pm
IBR# 366

Prediction of your initial ride review: "Holy sht, this thing is fast! And fun . . . "

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Last edited by Meese; Dec 6th, 2014 at 1:07 pm.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2014, 12:34 am
Addict

Did Meese mention FAST?...yeah he did.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2014, 2:21 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meese
Prediction of your initial ride review: "Holy sht, this thing is fast! And fun . . . "

Ha Ha............how did you guess !

The RT (Sept 2010 model) has better wind protection but I totally expected that to be the case, so that is not a criticism. and I do prefer the RT dashboard.

The K is much smoother, and I found much easier to handle, as I have both feet flat on the floor when seated, I found it in every way, much more enjoyable to ride than the RT.

I need to get the tupperware off one day, because I think someone has stolen my 4 cylinder engine and replaced it with a jet turbine !

Oh and I forgot to say.........................It is fast !!!!

Absolutely love the K and the dealer has just done the Major service, and give me 1 years road tax, and 1 years warranty, so I am a very happy guy.

I did find that there was a slight vibration when I came off the throttle, which I will address with the dealer at the next service........or is this the norm ?

Cant wait for tomorrow to do some more riding,

PS .......................Its fast !

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2014, 3:22 pm
IBR# 366

The Slant/4 K-bikes are longer, lower, and heavier than the RT, but the improved suspension and massive power means they're quicker to speed and easier to ride fast in the sweepers, although the RT's low-end torque, lighter weight, and shorter wheel base gives them an edge in tight corners and busy commuting.

Either bike can be ridden very well by an experienced rider, so it really just comes down to feel. Personally, I prefer the smooth Slant/4 motor (and even smother Slant/6 motor in the GTL) over the Boxer buzz, but both bikes have their super-fans.

I lived in Wales for a few years, and rode all over the "island" and the continent. Y'all do have some nice roads out that way. Plus I've been watching Doc Martin recently so now I wanna go to a quant Cornish seaside village and have pasties . . .

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2014, 3:30 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Let me know when you are coming to Cornwall Meese, I will buy you a pasty and a pint !

Ride Safe
Gary

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode