Rear wheel flange technical campaign - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2015, 4:59 pm Thread Starter

Rear wheel flange technical campaign

Is this old news and I just missed seeing it or is this something worth mentioning???

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...kes/26384.html

Jeff G.

"CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?"
Jeff Guntert - Schenectady, NY
2008 K1200GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2015, 2:16 pm
Enthusiast

Only if you call one day old news. I'm vindicated as I posted about this last November and got almost no response, see "Cracks in Rear Wheel Brake Disc". Now BMW says 300,000 bikes!

I was talking to my dealer about this and other maintenance this morning and they denied any help. About 10 minutes after I hung up they sent me an email and said looks like there may be help. Now we'll see how long we have to wait for parts.

Thanks for posting the link, that's the one I found as well after my dealer's email.

2006 GT
2002 RT sold
1985 Maxim X sold
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2015, 11:45 pm
Enthusiast

I do like how bmw tossed in that it was due to improper maintenance... So you would have to assume that 300,000ish owners are doing their maintenance incorrectly......and I guess that would have to include their own mechanics I suppose it's more of that legaleez talk, to not admit fault but come across as the concerned and helping manufacturer that will upgrade the part everyone is breaking with an improved one.

And yes 2wheeler, I remember your post (if it was the one with that had a pic of the multiple cracked "ears")...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2015, 9:17 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheeler
Only if you call one day old news. I'm vindicated as I posted about this last November and got almost no response, see "Cracks in Rear Wheel Brake Disc". Now BMW says 300,000 bikes!

I was talking to my dealer about this and other maintenance this morning and they denied any help. About 10 minutes after I hung up they sent me an email and said looks like there may be help. Now we'll see how long we have to wait for parts.

Thanks for posting the link, that's the one I found as well after my dealer's email.

I thin kI recall (no pun intended) seeing your post. That's probably why I wasn't sure if it was old news or not...

I'll have mine checked next month when I do my pre season inspection.

"CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?"
2008 K1200GT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2015, 9:19 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moymurfs
I do like how bmw tossed in that it was due to improper maintenance... So you would have to assume that 300,000ish owners are doing their maintenance incorrectly......and I guess that would have to include their own mechanics I suppose it's more of that legaleez talk, to not admit fault but come across as the concerned and helping manufacturer that will upgrade the part everyone is breaking with an improved one.

And yes 2wheeler, I remember your post (if it was the one with that had a pic of the multiple cracked "ears")...
It's probably like anything these days - deflect the "blame" and reap the fame for offering a fix to something that is your problem

My bike has always been worked on by BMW, so the blame is completely in their hands...

Jeff G.

"CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?"
2008 K1200GT

Last edited by NikonJeff; Mar 15th, 2015 at 9:25 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode