Why are you getting a GT? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2006, 9:13 pm Thread Starter

Why are you getting a GT?

What is your reason for picking the K1200GT. There are great bikes like the FJR1300 and ST1300 out there. Why pay upwards of $22K for the GT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2006, 10:34 pm

Why GT...you asked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartz
What is your reason for picking the K1200GT. There are great bikes like the FJR1300 and ST1300 out there. Why pay upwards of $22K for the GT?
Not made out of "pot" metal, doesn't need a fork brace, fairing does not have a convoluted heat escape bandaid and the GT has, cruise, 6 speeds, great options and accessories better hp and torque and I don't have to wait on lawn mowers, tractors, 4 wheelers and jet skiis to talk about my bike...plus, don't have to deal with kids as "experts" at the dealership.

Biased, you bet!

See ya.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2006, 10:36 pm
Looking for better limits...

Well, there's one thing...probably many more, but which of the three can you ride prior to purchasing one?

...and, welcome to K-Bikes.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2006, 8:59 am

Have you seen a jap bike after 50K miles? It's like comparing a redneck trailer park to an established neighborhood on the good side of town.

The FJR is an abomination. The only good part of this bike is the engine. Yamaha tried to build a touring motorcycle around an engine. Everything else is a poor copy of what BMW has done for years.

I traded my 1998 RS for a ST1300. Rode it for a week. Hated it. I thought I was riding a bloated LT. Took it back and got my 03 GT.

I'm looking forward to my FASTEST Crystal Gray to arrive in May.

Last edited by PCKRS; Apr 1st, 2006 at 9:05 am.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2006, 9:17 am
jjt

Red face BMW is simply the BEST!!!

I have owned both Hondas and Suszukis and loved them but the K1200GT has all the features and benefits that they didn't offer before with the K engine. Smooth raw power without the 2 cylinder shake. I disagree with some of the comments on Japanese bikes. My various Hondas and Suzukis never let me down and the four and six cylinder Honda engine is hard to beat. Looking forward to riding the best bike on the road today.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2006, 12:11 pm
Veteran

Gee Doug, did you forget about generators, snow throwers, leaf blowers, edgers, and chain saws??

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2006, 12:13 pm
Veteran

Quote:I thought I was riding a bloated LT.

I resent that remark! You implied that my LT is MAY NOT BE bloated . . . it is!!!! Crystal Gray . . . amen!

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2006, 12:27 pm
Veteran

Angry Go To A Harley Dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartz
From a quality and engineering standpoint I submit that the BMW is by far the best motorcycle made. If the $22,000 or so is the issue go to an HD dealership and look at some of the Screamin' Eagle models of e.g. Fat Boy, Electroglide, etc. and watch $35,000 go out the door.

I was at my grandchildrens' soccer game this morning on the R12GS. My gear was stowed so these men in their mid-30's were commenting on the GS as they pored over it: One commented how few BMW cycles there are (truism) but in the next breath words like quality, handling, and German engineering were emanating from their lips. One of the guys even asked a rhetorical question at the end . . . "I wonder why we don't hardly see any of them around?" And it's not aa price issue I don't think. BMW is doing a poor job or marketing 'image'. They do fine with their cars! They should place all of their motorcycles in their car dealerships, NOT TO SELL, BUT JUST PUT THEM ON DISPLAY SO THAT THE DAMN PUBLIC WHO ARE LOOKING AT CARS CAN SEE CYCLES.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2006, 5:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
BMW is doing a poor job or marketing 'image'. They do fine with their cars! They should place all of their motorcycles in their car dealerships, NOT TO SELL, BUT JUST PUT THEM ON DISPLAY SO THAT THE DAMN PUBLIC WHO ARE LOOKING AT CARS CAN SEE CYCLES.
See John...I told you you had a lot to say. Go tell them how to market the damn things...but not to get into chain saws, weed eaters and all the other stuff I mentioned...and the mess that I forgot

Doug
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 2006, 5:53 pm
Veteran

in a way i think its best left alone the way it is....people that shop and really want something special are the bmw people.....the people that shop and just want to be a part of the scene....are those that need to see the same freaking bike at every intersection and traffic light....to me its a special thing to own and ride the best....guess its kida like xmas....there is the gift you buy and then there is the gift that is made....dont need no add for that!.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode