New GT has arrived at local dealer here in British Columbia! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2006, 4:23 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up New GT has arrived at local dealer here in British Columbia!

I have one word to say..."Wow"! What a beautiful bike, angular, slim, and aggressive looking. This one is Graphite in colour and sports the Xenon headlight. Nice gauges and (equal size!) luggage. Nice tail rack, cool looking turn and brake light set up. A real head-turner.

Not only does it look great but it will no doubt have the performance and handling to match. The only thing, besides the price at $26K Cdn, that put me off a bit was the mechanism for adjusting the bars...a bit crude looking IMHO. Wouldn't stop me from buying one though if I was back in the market for a touring type bike. Ideally this bike would make a great garage mate for the KR. KR for the commute and back roads, GT for the longer hauls. Hmmm, one day perhaps.

Glad I traded my '05 GT when I did. This thing makes the current gen look *very* dated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2006, 11:34 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinc
I have one word to say..."Wow"! What a beautiful bike, angular, slim, and aggressive looking. This one is Graphite in colour and sports the Xenon headlight. Nice gauges and (equal size!) luggage. Nice tail rack, cool looking turn and brake light set up. A real head-turner.
You're in Victoria, right? Looks like I will have to run down to my local dealer in Vancouver and have a look. Actually, I'm signed up for a test ride on May 29 (BMW Test Ride Day), so I hope to get a real feel for the thing. It'll be interesting to see if it is any better than my good old '86 K100RT :p .

Bob.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2006, 11:48 pm Thread Starter

Yep, I'm in Victoria. The bike is at sm cycle. www.smcycle.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2006, 12:16 am
Telepathetic

I just hope the delivery truck makes a left and comes down to Seattle and drops off my bike. I'm getting a bit antsy.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue
85K on the clock
_'07 GS - Yeller
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 12:26 am

How'd you hosers get one before us yanks, eh?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode