New GT Question? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:55 pm Thread Starter

Question New GT Question?

There are people here that are fortunate enough to have their new GT and I have yet to get mine! I have been on this site and more and have played with the new ones at the shows. I can not wait. My only real question is what makes contact to the ground first when leaning? I have a broken bike and lean more than most as my upper body can not take too much. Does the tuperware touch 1st? I hope the answer will be the same as the 04 RT and it will be the center stand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 9:39 pm

I don't have mine yet either, but .......

I asked a similar question at Daytona, just prior to my bike week demo ride. They let me lean it over to an insane lean angle, and nothing touched. Of course, this was sitting still, without any of the suspension sag that would be normal while riding, since I had to keep my weight off the seat to support the bike.

As best I could tell, the rider peg feelers would be the first thing to touch, followed by the exhaust on the right side, peg feelers followed by center stand on the left. I'm not sure that the bike would still be on the tires if past the peg feelers on either side. This thing's got WAY more clearance than my current GT.

One thing that DOES concern me, is the chin fairing. Many areas near where I live use speed bumps, some severe enough to be a problem. Shortly after I got my Goldwing, three years ago, I bottomed it out (ruining the radiator overflow tank) going over one into a restaurant. I'm pretty sure the new GT has even less ground clearance. I predict the chin fairing on my will take a beating.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2006, 12:56 pm
Veteran

Jeez Rick, give us a break! Ok, here goes, THE GRIPS ON THE HANDLEBARS.:p

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2006, 1:11 am
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
Jeez Rick, give us a break! Ok, here goes, THE GRIPS ON THE HANDLEBARS.:p
John...really. The grips on the handle bars???? Obviously, you're not leaning over enough. Bad bike control, donchano...

Kneepads, then the elbow pads, then the helmet.

Handle bar grips? You're pushing the bike over too much.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2006, 11:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
John...really. The grips on the handle bars???? Obviously, you're not leaning over enough. Bad bike control, donchano...

Kneepads, then the elbow pads, then the helmet.

Handle bar grips? You're pushing the bike over too much.
Nah, he's just staying "tucked", wind blast at sound barrier speeds is pretty wicked!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode