May Have Bike In April - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2006, 9:22 am Thread Starter
Veteran

May Have Bike In April

Both I and and a forum member on another site have had 'verbal' confirmation that the GT's will be in both Daytona and Atlanta, this week. BMW Daytona owner has received written confirmation that says they will be here I hesitated to post this in that other than an e-mail from BMW there is nothing official. One is a dark gray with all of the bells and whistles and the other referred to a 'yellow' model, which casts some doubt, unless the BMW e-mail party didn't know that it's called 'crystal gray'.

Anyhow, wanted to give some hope to others!

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2006, 9:36 am
Statmaster

I hope you are right.

PCKRS posted that his will be in on May 22. So it looks like info is trickling out.

I've heard many things, and can't confirm a single one. Everything from bikes arriving as early as next week, to mid/end of May, and first couple weeks in June.

Two of the largest dealers in the west are still uncertain on their delivery date; however, they have been told they will receive confirmation of their allocation of K1200GTs sometime next week.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2006, 10:18 am

I worked this weekend, however my wife was at our local dealer picking up more farkles for her R1200RT, and got "unofficial" confirmation that mine is "being built". What exactly that means I'm not sure, but delivery sounds near. I'm certain that I will be riding it in less than 30 days, and I'd bet on less than three weeks!

Maybe I'm an optimist!? However, the new Yamaha FJR1300's are starting to show up, that's got to be putting pressure on BMWNA, as they've targeted that same market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2006, 10:21 am

Hope you're right. Now to finally decide graphite or blue?!? I've flipped back and forth a dozen times based on pictures. Miles' graphite photo swung me toward graphite again!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2006, 12:19 pm

Graphite is best - but I may be biased.

Test rode the Blue and bought the Graphite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4130016-comp.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	2229   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4200017-comp.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	2230  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Nice pix. I can't get past how unfinished it looks without the bags, but still nice.

I loved the blue of my 2004 GT, haven't seen a new blue upclose to compare.

When you bought the graphite, did you have a choice in seat color and side panel colors?

Thanks.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2006, 11:05 pm

That's odd that the GT orders can't be followed. My recent ordering of a k1200s could be followed by the dealer. He told me when it was made and he even could tell me which boat it was on and then when it arrived at customs. I take delivery this weekend.......
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2006, 11:12 pm

My guess: there are several hundred GTs in a warehouse near corporate headquarters in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey, that will be deployed once the GS Open House promotion concludes this weekend. BMW will meet its online promise of "Available April 2006" without breaking a sweat. Within two weeks this board will be bustling with reports about GT demo rides and the first deliveries. And dozens of 05 and 06 RTs will show up on eBay
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2006, 11:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggitydogg
My guess: there are several hundred GTs in a warehouse near corporate headquarters in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey, that will be deployed once the GS Open House promotion concludes this weekend. BMW will meet its online promise of "Available April 2006" without breaking a sweat. Within two weeks this board will be bustling with reports about GT demo rides and the first deliveries. And dozens of 05 and 06 RTs will show up on eBay
I'm a "believer"! At least about the April delivery I could care less about what happens on ebay. I'm worse than a kid at Christmas, at least the kid knows what day it will be.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2006, 11:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggitydogg
Nice pix. I can't get past how unfinished it looks without the bags, but still nice.

I loved the blue of my 2004 GT, haven't seen a new blue upclose to compare.

When you bought the graphite, did you have a choice in seat color and side panel colors?

Thanks.
It looks far better (as has been said elsewhere) in the flesh, with or without bags.

The new GT blue is a little lighter than the older GT but still looks good.

The choice was for black or grey seats. Black is standard. I don't think I was given a choice re the side panels but according to the brochure you should have a (limited) choice.

I've now done some 500+ miles on the bike and have booked it in for the first scheduled free service next week. Following this I'll be able to open her up a little more - if I dare!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode