??? Break in for GT / S ??? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2006, 6:32 pm Thread Starter

??? Break in for GT / S ???

Who has researched or done the motorman break in? If I chose to do it with the new GT will the on board computer tell on me? Do most or any BMW shops have the Break in oil and if not where and what would I get to do the change myself? Is it too big of a gamble with $20,000 or will it be safe. I know this has probably been discussed before but I have not been here very long. Any help would be appreciated! This is my first K bike I will have owned. A lot different than the RT! Thanks in advance!
Rick Sherman
P.S. My riding buddy trailered his new 06 FJR to the house today! Bad weather! He too is considering this and if any of you have info specific to the FJR on break in and possible motorman break in, that to would be useful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2006, 10:29 am
Enthusiast

Motorman here. May I help you?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2006, 12:22 pm
Statmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Motorman here. May I help you?
ROTFLMAO!!!

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Break-in

Being way too anal about it I had a break-in process I used for the K12R I purchased last year. I can't remember if the "stay below" limit was 6,000 or 7,000 rpm for the first 600 miles. Either way you can move around very briskly on the new K engine and keep it below 6,000.

I restrained myself to 4,000 the first couple hundred miles and then added about 500 rpm each 100 mile increment thereafter.

With 800 on the clock I took it to a Mid Ohio track day and ran the bejezus out of it. As of 3,000 miles I have yet to add any make up oil.

My blue GT is scheduled to arrive this week and I plan on duplicating my break-in routine.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2006, 6:50 pm
DSS

To me, it's simple.

Take it easy until YOU feel confident. Then, ride the bike like you want to.

In the process of learning the bike you'll increase speed, RPMs and eventually be riding the way you'll always ride it. You'll get there together.

Forget the rules...your body and soul knows what to do...and the bike will happily match whatever you send its way.

I've done this with every bike I've owned, including the KS, and they always run great!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode