Rear calipper wobbly - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2016, 10:47 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Rear calipper wobbly

I have changed my rear brake pads and it worked well until just today when i started experimenting with the rear brake. I usually do not use rear brake pedal unless stopped on an incline. I only use the front brake lever, but considering it is integral brake system, rear brake is applied to a degree. Today i was stopped on an incline and my rear brake using rear brake pedal was holding but just. After that I rode the bike for a while and tried using rear brake only (i was not going very fast at all) and when i would stomp on it, it did break but produced some crazy metalic/clicking sound as if something is lose.When i arrived home the rear disc was hotter because i was using the rear brake just recently. When i grabbed the calipper it felt wobbly. I dismantled the caliper, cleaned it all again, greased the sliding pin with brake grease and assembled back and tightened the two bolts to required torque. Again the calipper seem to be a bit lose/wobbly and looks like moving around the two sliding pins that are covered with rubber sheating. Is this normal?

I am not concerned about rear brake only as I seldom use it, but considering it is integral brake, i am concerned about the whole setup and braking power available.

Any hints/suggestions are more than welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode