Patience pays off: I finally have it - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2006, 2:15 pm Thread Starter

Patience pays off: I finally have it

First the details: Dark Graphite Metallic. Package 2. High Windshield.

After reading all the early reports I found myself behaving as I did at Christmas when I was a little lad who peaked at his presents, with opening day still a week out. For me opening day was Saturday. Mine, the first to arrive and had everything I asked for. Wow. I told the dealer before I "bought" it I should take it for an obligatory test ride. He told me to limit the miles, unless, I was going to buy it. As i left the dealer I was remined that he also told me the manual says: "Do not to exceed 7,000 RPM, Do not to accelerate at full throttle, and avoid low engine speeds at full load", and "While running in motorcycle, vary throttle opening and engine-speed range frequently. Try to do most of your riding during this initial period on twisting, fairly hilly road, avoiding high-speed main roads and highways, if possible." I think it took all of 3 seconds to decide I was buying it as I headed for the Spiral Highway (if any of you know the Lewiston/Clarkston area, you know the road) -- a perfect fit for BMW's recommended run in procedure. I have never ridden a machine that handles like this new K1200GT. Just point it in the corner, roll on a little throttle, and hang on, you're going for a ride.

A couple of hours later, the 22 mile demo ride over, the paperwork completed I was departing for my 135 mile trip home. I planned on taking all back roads but the wind was brutal. Even though I was pleased with its ability to hold the road with 30-40 mph winds hitting from all angles, I decided for a more heavily travelled route: just in case.

Anyway, just wanted to voice another thumbs up for the bike. It's everything I hope for, plus more. My only negative is the seat comfort. My big, old backside let me know I'll be getting it custom done before long.

Well gotta go. Need to put more miles on the bike. I know, it's a tough job. But I'll do it.

Rod
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0199.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	2374  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode