Another GT comes home - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2006, 11:14 pm Thread Starter

Another GT comes home

Finally got a look at a blue GT today mine! Picking it up tomorrow once the alarm is added and the bike is fully prepped. I've never waited so long for something, and I'm glad it's over at last. I was really excited about graphite when I saw one last week, and I was fully expecting to be disappointed by the blue. Not at all it looks very BMW, particularly with the dark accents. I really enjoyed my test ride last week and I'm excited about putting some miles on a GT of my own.

Thanks to everyone here and on the other boards out there you know who you are for your up-to-the-second information about this motorcycle. Without you, I'd surely be on a FJR by now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2006, 11:22 pm
Statmaster

Congratulations! Welcome to the club. I went to our local bike night, and I barely had time to do anything other than show off the bike. You'll love it!

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2006, 11:47 pm

DD - I was in the same boat. I really wanted the graphite color but fell in love with the BMW blue. Of course the topcase is off getting painted to match the bags. What were they thinking?

Did you buy the toolkit yet. I can't believe they sell you a $20K touring bike and give you one wrench and a screwdriver.

I picked it up over lunch yesterday and took the 75mile route home from the office. What a dream. I need to get beyond the breakin quickly.

Now to begin the farkling. Autocom, exhaust, radar detect, aux plug for gerbings, where to mount the GPS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 8:48 am

Congratulations!

I hope that it gives you many miles of smiles, safely!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 12:13 pm

top box color

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2k2
DD - I was in the same boat. I really wanted the graphite color but fell in love with the BMW blue. Of course the topcase is off getting painted to match the bags. What were they thinking
r2k2...let us know how the painting of the top box works out and pics if possible. Are you having the pebble grain "smoothed" to match the side bags or just painting? Like you, I don't get the black box deal, especially in this price level for a bike. I've got a crystal gray and am waiting on the top box to appear. Will look at it in black for a while then will consider painting it.

I've ordered the BMW GPS mount for my Nav 11 as it will go between the bars and up by the ignition key...a good spot. Undoubtedly, others will make a mount to fit that location real soon.

Doug
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 12:22 pm

Loggiebone could you tell me where you ordered your BMW GPS mount?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 2:29 pm
Noob

Have you ordered the large top case or the small one?
My blue baby has arrived at BMW San Francisco yesterday; I had to see it right away
I will take delivery on Friday; I added the small top case to the list. I wonder if that one can be painted too.
Safe ride,
--JM
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 5:41 pm Thread Starter

Gotta love the blue...

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 6:30 pm

In case you were wondering the offiical paint code of the blue is 997 - my painter says this will be easy to match.

The large topbox is a smooth silver on top. THe finish and texture should match the side cases.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 9:22 pm

what kind of red scooter is that.... a Vespa, by chance?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode