That's all until '07 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2006, 7:31 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

That's all until '07

I was at Irv Seaver in Orange, CA, today looking at the new GT. The owner said he got an allotment of eight and he finagled with other dealers for two more. They're all spoken for. He said the next ones he gets will be '07s.

I'm OK with the LT system cases, but the big trunk is just too big in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2006, 7:32 pm
Statmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckwilmot
I'm OK with the LT system cases, but the big trunk is just too big in my opinion.

And when you take into account the cost of keying the topcase for your ignition key, the whole package retails for nearly $860. I think I can live with Helen-2-Wheels bags and some straps for that.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Did the dealer give a time frame for the promised bikes

I am next on the my dealers list and the first for the dark graphite. I was told that i should see my bike in the next 6 to 8 weeks. Basically, The end of June.

Do you know if the bikes that the dealer has been promised have been built or they in the pipeline.

I will need some liquid prozac if i have to wait until september.

Retroboy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2006, 11:54 pm

Your dealer should have a build date for bikes in their pipeline. The dealer where I purchased showed me his computer screen, and it states that their next graphite GT was being built on June 22. Then add shipping time from Germany to that date.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 12:35 am

Quote:
I was at Irv Seaver in Orange, CA, today looking at the new GT. The owner said he got an allotment of eight and he finagled with other dealers for two more. They're all spoken for. He said the next ones he gets will be '07s.

If you've got to have one today (okay,Tuesday), BMW of Salt Lake had a blue and a gray on display today, I think both are available. You could make it down I-15 in 10 hours, less if you're varying the break-in revs..
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 1:26 am

What is the Average weeks it takes to get the bike from germany to the dealers.

Does anyone know how long it takes to ship a bike and get it to the dealers.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 2:16 am Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

The dealer had them all...

At least, I think he did, or most of them anyway. He said the factory was shutting down the line in June, and the next time they start up (August or September?) they will be building '07s. So the next GTs he gets will be in about November or December (?)...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 8:50 am
Statmaster

It takes about two weeks from the time the bike is built to when it shows up in the dealer. Add a couple more days just for a cushion, and you should have an accurate estimate.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 8:55 am
Statmaster

Quote:
At least, I think he did, or most of them anyway. He said the factory was shutting down the line in June, and the next time they start up (August or September?) they will be building '07s. So the next GTs he gets will be in about November or December (?)...
The initial run of GTs will run through the end of June. August is the month where Germany goes on vacation, so production will begin again after everyone returns. The '07 bikes should start arriving in Sept/Oct -- just in time to sit in the dealership for the winter in those states who's riding season ends in October.

Probably a good time to get a good deal on the GTs then. Like I told a friend yesterday. Sure I could save a couple thousand by waiting until the fall/winter to pick up a new GT, but I'd miss the 2000 mile ride to Red River next week, our Arkansas trip in June, the big trip to AZ/UT/CO in July, and the CCR in August. To me, having this bike for those trips is worth the price. So when the '07s show up in September, I'll probably have 15,000 miles of riding in the log books.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode