Should I feel remorse? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 7:34 pm Thread Starter
Statmaster

Should I feel remorse?

As I've been oogling over my new K1200GT, the old faithful gal - my old K1200LT - has been sitting there. I've already made the decision to place her for sale under consignment at the dealer when I get back from Red River. So, should I feel remorse? Should I feel guilty? Should I feel like I just dumped the old wife for a new girlfriend?

6 years, 78,000 miles, and I drop her for a new ride. How heartless!

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 8:23 pm

Nothing last forever, you and I are not going to survive this as well, however the memories that were created upon by the LT will always be there. so, takes lots of picture.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 9:28 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
As I've been oogling over my new K1200GT, the old faithful gal - my old K1200LT - has been sitting there. I've already made the decision to place her for sale under consignment at the dealer when I get back from Red River. So, should I feel remorse? Should I feel guilty? Should I feel like I just dumped the old wife for a new girlfriend?

6 years, 78,000 miles, and I drop her for a new ride. How heartless!
Jeff,
your heartfelt words are very important to me personally, as you are aware. i am considering making the very same decision... and i cannot look my LT in her eye when i walk out to the car each morning. i appreciate this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 11:40 pm
Telepathetic

Gladly traded my LT at the dealer when I picked up the GT. Absolutely no remorse at my end. Did a couple hundred miles today. What a delight to ride the GT after the LT. My RT took a bit of getting used to, the LT was even a bigger learning curve. The GT is just the best bike I have ever been on. It just feels like what I have been looking for. But you know what I'm talking about. Get rid of the old girl and go dancing with the young cutie.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue
85K on the clock
_'07 GS - Yeller
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 12:26 am

You guys know, there is another way to look at this.

Somewhere out there is a loving, caring, want-to-be LT owner who is waiting for the chance to adopt your LT and give her the love and respect she deserves. Don't be selfish! Give up the LT and let her get on with a new life with someone who will love and care for her.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 8:39 am

Na, you just got rid of a fat old wife for a new slim,younger, faster one...what could be wrong with that???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode