display is black URGENT HELP NEEDED! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2017, 12:45 pm Thread Starter
Noob

display is black URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Hi guys, I'm new here so thanks for taking the time to read this,

I've booked a tour to Greece and I'm off this Friday 8th Sep.

I've just given the bike a thorough wash, it's a 2010 K1300 GT EE, Had it for 5 years. I've just fired it up after the wash and the display is black. gone into the dark so the dash lights up and I can just about make out the display but it's no good for riding, has anyone got any ideas?

I've washed it the same way for 5 years but I guess there's a first time for everything if it's water related.

Thanks guys,
Matt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2017, 4:23 pm
Noob

Bike dead sometimes

Hey Matt,

I was just getting ready to post a similar problem. The other day I went to the bank shut the bike off, came back within 5-6 minutes. I inserted the key turned it on and nothing. I turned the key several times and still nothing. I was just about to remove the battery cover and tried it again and it worked as normal. Then stopped at the gas station and the same thing happened. Next day rode it 10 miles to a friend house, was there an hour and it started fine. I went to start it yesterday and I heard the electrics whine but no dash at all and the bike would start. Will your bike start with the dash not working? I tried the second key with the same result, so I don't think it's the RFID in the key.
Any one got a clue where I should start looking? Is there any history of corrosion in any of the connectors? I has to fix a worn wire for the RFID on a 2006 1200gt. But I need to pull it apart and start checking things. I hope I can find something definitive. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Cheers
Brian

2010 K1300GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode