I am relieved... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 1:38 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I am relieved...

...because I am not all-consumed to get a new GT.

I had a K1200S for a short time and sold it with the intention of getting the new GT when it arrived. I had my name on a Dk. Graphite one that was due in early June and let it go.

I am not a basher of this bike. In fact, in my interest to have a second bike to my R1200GS, I am more sure than EVER that it will be a new GT. I am convinced by the technology, size, performance and all around high-speed touring package that is the GT. It is the perfect compliment to my GS.

However, the refined styling of the bike has not given me the PASSION to run out to lay out $20K and get one of the firsts. Undoubtedly, I will own a GT sometime in the near or distant future, just not yet...

Mike M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 1:40 pm

Have you ridden it yet?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 5:14 pm
"DELIVERS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM
...because I am not all-consumed to get a new GT.

I had a K1200S for a short time and sold it with the intention of getting the new GT when it arrived. I had my name on a Dk. Graphite one that was due in early June and let it go.

I am not a basher of this bike. In fact, in my interest to have a second bike to my R1200GS, I am more sure than EVER that it will be a new GT. I am convinced by the technology, size, performance and all around high-speed touring package that is the GT. It is the perfect compliment to my GS.

However, the refined styling of the bike has not given me the PASSION to run out to lay out $20K and get one of the firsts. Undoubtedly, I will own a GT sometime in the near or distant future, just not yet...
I, along with others, are with you MikeM....your patience will be rewarded....riding one will surely tempt you, but the GT you eventually get will ride just as well.

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander

Last edited by milkman; May 19th, 2006 at 6:56 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2006, 10:14 pm
Telepathetic

Had I not been so tired of driving the LT, I would have waited for a year and looked for a used GT. Since the wife was equally ready to say goodbye to the LT, the timing was perfect for us. I must say, the GT is a really great bike.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue
85K on the clock
_'07 GS - Yeller
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 7:09 pm

new k1200gt test ride

just drove new k1200gt, after ride home on 04 k1200gt i will not be departing with my cash....nice bike but not $10,000 better than my 04 may be in the future when they will be available as used....what i have learned is that no matter what year bmw makes a nice bike..it took me 10yrs to depart with my 96 k1100rs in order to buy 04 k1200gt would recomm. buyers to wait a year and then consider a purchase...have to go in order to clean my 90 851 ducati superbike riding the superbike is fun factor 10.....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 9:50 pm

After seeing it up close I might actually get an RT...

go figure... and to think I thought I was totally in the dark side because of my K1200RS...

Now, if they painted the GT like my 03 RS I might be interested.

Honestly, as disjointed the RT looks its better than the slab sided GT.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode