460 miles today - The Good, the Bad, and the ugly - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2006, 8:15 pm Thread Starter

Smile 460 miles today - The Good, the Bad, and the ugly

The Good.
Fortunately there's a lot. Incredible power over a wide range of rpms. I limited it to 7000, but it really pulls. Zero vibration except up around 100 mph. I did that for a short time and it was noticeable, but not a problem since I do not expect to be there very often for very long. Handling is superb. Very solid in the high speed twisties. Cruise control is seamless, excellent. Tank bag (BMW) very nice. Huge. low profile. Should work great wiith my GPS mounted to the center of the handlebars. Brakes, exceptional. Milage, right at 49 mpg, amazing. I'm still not sure about the range. I became pretty uncomfortable when approaching 200 miles, although I should have close to another 100 left. I was afraid to push it out in the middle of eastern Colorado. All bags worked extremely well. I have the smaller top case and while I don't like the looks, it does work well. The on baord computer seemed flawless and I enjoyed the dual trip meters. The ESA is incredbible. I played with it a lot on curves and concrete interstate. It smooths the bumps and tightens up when you want in the curves. Nice. The engine has a certain growl to it I really like. There is some serious HP in there. Lastly, the mirrors worked very well. Little or no vibration and they stayed in position. It will start on the side stand in neutral.

The Bad
I really like the 6 gears, but the top gear is not high enough. I kept wanting another to lower the rpm's at highway speeds. Wind protection is okay. I rode a R1100RS for 12 years so I wasn't used to much protection. It is better than my R1100, but not a lot better. I expect the RT would be another level better. The electric windshield works well, but I have a C Bailey larger windshiield on order and I'm only 5'9". I need a bigger bubble to hide behind. Not a lot more bad. The bike is nice.

The Ugly. THE one thing I have to fix is the seat. Honestly it just plain sucks. I'm used to riding on a Corbin for several hours without any discomfort in the backside. On this seat I'm weary after 30 miles. It is way, way to soft. Just like a soft bed, no support, really wears on you. It is easily my #1,2,& 3 biggest disappointmenbt so far.

I hope this helps. Happy riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode