New GT whith Phantom Brakes - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2006, 11:22 pm Thread Starter
rjc

New GT with Phantom Brakes

Today I was riding in the local canyons and the brakes self actuated twice in about one second with enough force to "chirp" the tires each time. This was very scary. The bike was decelerating into a corner under engine braking only and I was not on the brakes. It was a little rough but nothing unusual. The brakes actuated twice crisply and I upshifted to coast around the corner. I slowed down for awhile and didn't feel completely comfortable for the rest of the day although the brakes performed normally for the rest of the ride. Has anyone experienced or heard of this with the new K bikes? Any suggestions? There were no malfunction or warning indicators on the display.

Last edited by rjc; May 22nd, 2006 at 12:12 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:00 am
Enthusiast

re: Self activating brakes

This sounds like the beginning of a Steven King book, riding in the canyons sweeping through a curve and the brakes activate on their own as if...

On a more serious tone, it sounds like activation caused by either wheel spin at different rates which is computer signal to activate ABS. Not sure how that could have happened.

03K12RS
:wtf Joel Callan :wtf
Milwaukee, WI 53222

Homepage
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2006, 8:26 pm Thread Starter
rjc

Self activating brakes

It was weird. I feel lucky because I hadn't turned in yet. I feel unlucky because I'll always think about it. I hope it was just a one time thing where the computer got confused. Maybe the satellite tracking system thought I was going into the corner too fast and stepped in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode