2007 K12GT help in Des Moines - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 12:25 am Thread Starter
Noob

2007 K12GT help in Des Moines

Hello K bikers. On my recent trip to Des Moines to do a second rally site visit, I took a tumble on an icy bridge outside of St. Louis. My ‘07 K12GT went down on the right side and when it came to it’s resting spot after sliding 30 yards or so, my windshield was broke in half. The shield that broke is a Cee Baileys and my stock is back in Alabama. Question is....does anyone in the Des Moines area have a shield they would get rid of or let me use for my return trip to Alabama on Tuesday? I would try the local dealer or one close by, but they are all closed on Monday and I’ll be in meetings most of the day. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you - Brian Hinton, please text or call
334-538-3242
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 6th, 2018, 6:30 pm
Addict

Sorry, I'm back here in Florida. If you can't find one locally to use, I can send you one. Obviously not ideal, but let me know...

P.S. It is a stock, tall W/S from my 08 GT

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2018, 7:23 am
Noob

If you are looking to replace your Cee Baileys windscreen, I have a 26"h x 23"w Cee Baileys screen from a 2008 K1200GT. The bike is gone now & I'd consider offers on the used screen. PM me if any interest.

BBauerNH
Warner, NH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2018, 8:07 am
Noob

Well if you would have said something when I met with you on that Monday. You could have used my old stock one. I don't check this forum that often.
Sorry
Mike Bowlin
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2018, 2:36 pm
Addict

Obviously the OP has decided to ride back without a windscreen and is busy picking bugs and rocks out of his face...

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2018, 2:14 pm
Veteran

I have a BMW stock tall windscreen for a K1200GT or K1300GT, still new in the box. I would be happy to sell it to someone who can use it. I bought it as a spare for my windscreen, but have not used it. List price is $548 (ridiculous!) but I would apply a very substantial discount.

-> Anyone interested? Send a PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode