MV risers for a K1300GT install help needed please. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2018, 6:20 pm Thread Starter
LDM
Rookie

Garage
MV risers for a K1300GT install help needed please.

Fellow K-GT riders
I bought some used MV bar risers and they were attached to the triple crown yoke. I'm sure they just put them on any old way just to bolt them down for shipping cos they were on upside down.
In my pic it shows the riser and a square spacer. I assume it goes between the riser and the crown EXCEPT that it doesn't slide in place. It is a hair too wide on each riser.

Am I correct where the square spacer goes and I just need to sand the edge down just a bit? Or am I way off?

Your help is much appreciated.

LDM

[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_59d.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	788.5 KB
ID:	23298  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2018, 8:22 am

Hi LDM,

Would the picture on the MV site help: https://www.mv-motorrad.de/en/MV+Han...MW+K1300GT.htm ?

Looks like 1 of the 2 small spacers had a bolt or nut directly attached to it if you look at the wear marks, which would not fit your idea of putting those spacers between the bar riser and the original plate...

My 2 cents

Luc
K1600GT 2017
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2018, 8:01 pm Thread Starter
LDM
Rookie

Garage
bar risers

Luc,
I had looked at that very pic several times. After I took the square washers to the shop and used the grinder to take a very small portion off so that I could slide them into the riser groove I learned something. It just didn't fit right. It raised the risers up and created a small gap on the triple tree side that isn't shown in the website pic. I'll bolt them up without the square washers, I think it'll work fine.

BTW, I emailed MV for instructions and they returned 2 sets, one in German (duh) and one translated to english, NO PICS. The translation to english was so bad it was useless. I emailed again asking for pictures and they have not returned my request.

I want to calmly leave this earth like my Uncle Joe, not screaming like his passenger.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode