Remus Hexacone Exhaust - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Walrus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2018, 8:38 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Remus Hexacone Exhaust

Elsewhere I asked about a full racing system to reduce weight. Couldn't find one for reasonable money after nine months.

Today I installed a new Remus Hexacone titanitum slip on with KN air filter (and removed center stand for weight). Was not dyno tuned. BMW dealer said unnecessary - even though I was willing to pay.

Here's my initial impressions - holding back full opinion on the weight reduction.

The bike seems to rev much easier, pulls better from standing and the 5K(ish) engine vibe/rough spot is tamed a bit. Can't tell if it has more grunt. Sounds like a real motorcycle, though, which is nice but the OEM blender tone wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Bottom line: From performance perspective, not sure was worth the money ($1K total) on an 11-year-old ride worth $6-7K max. But looks way better (which is obvious). Handling seems improved - but I may just be suffering new farkle subjectivity. Will decide that after several hundred-1K miles and update here.

The best improvement to handling/weight was removing those blame bag, which are not practical for sporty riding on a daily basis!!!!
wheeler and myat35 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode