2007 K1200GT starting issues - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2018, 12:21 am Thread Starter
Noob

Unhappy 2007 K1200GT starting issues

Hi all.

I have recently replaced my fuel pump and the fuel pump controller on my 07 K1200GT. The problem that I'm having now is that once I turn the key, I don't hear the fuel pump activating. Because of this the bike doesn't want to start. I hooked up the bike to my gs-911 and it shows all is good. I have been able to test the fuel pump with no problems. So I know that the fuel pump and the controller are working. I recently added a new battery, so no battery issues.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2018, 3:19 pm
Addict

Well, at the risk of stating the obvious:

1. What was the problem that caused you to replace the pump and controller?
1a.Did the engine run before your installations?
1b. Does the starter turn over the engine?

2. Go back and check all the connections of the pump to the controller (inside the tank) and the connector at the top of the controller.

3. You say you tested the new pump/controller, was this with the pump out of the tank?

4. What else have you done to this bike recently?

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2018, 9:49 am Thread Starter
Noob

Smile

I actually got the bike fixed after I posted this.
Following the suggestion from another rider, I was able to fix the bike by removing the crankshaft position sensor, cleaning it a bit, and reinstalling.
The bike fired up right after that. The fuel pump starting priming as soon as I turned the key to the on position.
You learn something new every day.
This all started when my fuel pump went out and I replaced it along with the fuel pump controller since it was the original one.

Thanks for the help.
Daniel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2018, 9:46 pm

Garage
Thanks for getting back to use on the fix. I was wondering how this was going to play out. This is the kind of thing that just helps all of us. I've been on my K 1200 S for about 8 years now and do all my own work but hadn't run into fuel pump problems yet. The gas gauge thing has kept me busy enough in that department. %^D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode