Printable PDF Service Manual '06 K1200GT? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2018, 9:43 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Printable PDF Service Manual '06 K1200GT?

Hey all, looking for an actual service manual in hard copy form or a PDF form for my '06 K1200GT. Any assistance here would be appreciated. I had no idea it would be this difficult to get my hands on a service manual. I don't have a disc burner, so that type of download won't work for me.

Wish Clymer had a manual for this year 1200GT, but they don't. Let me know what's out there. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2018, 6:10 am
Addict

No. It's not on paper. It's only in electronic format (CD).

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2018, 1:56 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Ok thanks for chiming in and letting me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2018, 9:22 am
Veteran

The BMW "RepROM" is now in DVD form. The only source is your official BMW dealer. It costs around $120 or so.

-> PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not buy one of the illegal copies from a bootleg source. They are thieves who profit off the hard work of real BMW workers (who make your motorcycles!) - hardworking people with real families. Also note that many bootleg copies are old and out of date, with incorrect information.

The BMW RepROM DVD must be run on a Windows computer. It is NOT in PDF form. I run it on my Mac, using VMware Fusion and a Windows virtual machine.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2018, 8:41 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Ok thanks for the info. I'll head to my local dealer to pick up the RepROM in DVD form. Funny though that my computer doesn't have a CD rom drive, so I'm kinda screwed there. Find it hard to believe I can't print it off somewhere.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2018, 9:28 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by myat35 View Post
Ok thanks for the info. I'll head to my local dealer to pick up the RepROM in DVD form. Funny though that my computer doesn't have a CD rom drive, so I'm kinda screwed there. Find it hard to believe I can't print it off somewhere.
1. I have looked at the file structure on the DVD/CD versions. Then way it's organized is a LOT of individual small page files with lots of graphics. If printed, without doing some serious programming magic, it would take thousand of pages to print it.

2. I have a CD/DVD copy of a repair manual. I don't recall where I bought it. I did not pay $120, so I guess I'm a scumbag. I have copied that onto the hard disk of my laptop, so I don't have to carry the CD/DVD. It works for me. I've been buying expensive BMW motorcycles for my whole life. Given the cost of dealer service and their tendency to screw up the bikes they work on and the crazy prices of BMW parts, I have decided long ago to do all my own maintenance and to buy used parts on ebay whenever available, and this works for me. I consider the repair manual in the same category.

3. I have also downloaded a hacked copy of the BMW diagnostic software that the dealers (try to) use to maintain my bike. I use it to diagnose and reset things as required. This is how I can afford to keep two BMW's on the road. My choice, YMMV.

P.S> To use your DVD, take it to a friend who has a DVD/CD drive on their system. Have them copy the humungous file and put it on a file sharing site, like Google Drive, etc. Download it to your laptop. Voila.

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode