Cal-Sci or Aeroflow? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2018, 8:49 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Cal-Sci or Aeroflow?

Looking to upgrade from the pathetic stock windscreen on my '06 gt. Is the Aeroflow worth the extra $200 over the Cal-Sci? Looking for rider feedback. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2018, 9:49 pm
LDM
Rookie

Garage
2nd Aeroflow

I bought a used 08 K1200GT several years ago that came with an Aeroflow tall shield and the Aerogards and I really enjoyed that shield. I recently purchased an 09 K1300GT that had a stock shield and I knew after a few extended rides that I didn't like it. I bought the Aeroflow and Aerogards before my summer trip this year. The wind noise is greatly reduced over a stock shield. The shield combined with the flow plate makes their system work so well. Being 6'1" I only need to raise the shield just 2-3 inches for the wind noise to disappear and I still look over the top of the shield. If you're in my neck of the woods stop by and you can take my K for a spin.

LDM

I want to calmly leave this earth like my Uncle Joe, not screaming like his passenger.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2018, 10:10 pm
Mel
Noob

I had an Aeroflow on my old K100RS.It served me well. I couldn’t justify the extra $$ to put one on my 07 K12GT. The Cal-Sci unit works well for me. The wind noise and buffeting are minimal. I can clearly hear music and spoken words on my Cardo unit at any speed. Select the right size for your height per the instructions on the web site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2018, 3:41 pm
Veteran

I have the tall Aeroscreen, AeroGards, and the Headlight protector. They are on my 2007 K1200GT. I bought them at a friend's recommendation.

I am very pleased with the tall Aeroscreen in particular. It was definitely worth the cost. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if this one ever broke. It once took a fall where it was very bent for 30 minutes or so, until I was able to get the bike upright. There was no damage. I am still using it.

I can answer phone calls at 80 mph on the interstate in Texas, and nobody knows that I am not in the office. It is that quiet.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2018, 7:20 pm
Noob

Go with the 'flow (sorry about the lame pun) - I tested both when I purchased my '07 GT and the Aeroflow was the hands down winner.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 2018, 8:00 am Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks for the comments gang. Appreciate it!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 2018, 8:33 pm
Noob

Bought the Cal-Sci tall for my 08 gt back in 2011. I’ve been very happy with it. I’m 6’3” and ride with the seat in the high position, no turbulence and raise it a bit and wind noise goes away. Can’t speak to the Cal -Sci.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2018, 4:46 am
Noob

Sorry I meant to end with can’t speak about the Aeroflow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode