GT vs "The Dragon" - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2006, 7:35 pm Thread Starter
elr

GT vs "The Dragon"

Hi,
Well I wish I could tell you that the dragon put his tail between his legs but can't, but he did take notice. This bike handles like a dream in the curve's and you have no feeling of speed untill you look at the speedometer. No need to shift gears, put it in second and the engine will do most of the breaking chore's for you and coming out of the curves with a gentle roll of the throttle will send you going faster than you need to go on this road. I played with shifting to third some and even going to fourth on a few of the longer straights, and didn't seem to get much more top speed. just had to down shift and break a little harder for the curves. Plus I love the sound of the engine when it revs over 7000. I have to admit that the GT is more capable than this humble rider is. However it is great to have a bike that my limits can be pushed and still not be pushing the bike's limit.
After running the dragon several time's We headed to the blue ridge parkway and rode it for 175 miles. The curves seemed almost seemed nonexistent after the dragon. I made better time on it than I ever have on other bike's and really just felt like I was taking it easy and going slow. Just glad no LEO's with radars were out. I have right at 2000 miles on the bike now and it just seems to be getting better at everything, except the seat. Seems like one day it is comfortable and the next its torture. Guess corbin will come out with a replacement soon.
I am very fortunate that the mountains around ashville nc is my play ground and the GT is the perfect motorcycle for me to play on. Speed, comfort, handling, all rolled into one sleek package. My only regret is that it took me way to many years to get off of harley's and onto a BMW. Best decision I have made in years.
Ride Safe, Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode