Motorcycle Consumer News - First Impressions
I just received this month's issue of MCN and Dave Searle has written fairly positively on the K1200GT following a press event he attended in S. Africa. His negatives have been somewhat represented here at k-bikes.com and include:
- the seat
- the non-linear feel of the brakes
- the long reach for clutch and brake (even in the handles closest postion)
- the low-speed twitchy throttle
- the seat
- the easily scuffed paint (especially case lids)
- the lack of "knee room"
- the "high" first gear
- the "slab-side" look
- and did I mention - the seat?
His positives included:
- the buttery-smooth engine
- the ESA suspension (although the adjustability is not as "felt" as the "S")
Needless to say, I had been anticipating this review for some time and I'm left a little disappointed.
But maybe Dave's on a "trash BMW" kick? After all he had little positive to say about the R1200GSA as well.
The same issue gives the Suzi M109R Boulevard Cruiser 4 stars, but then again everything in that mag gets at least 4 stars. Their reviews of the K1200S and then the K1200R later would leave one thinking they weren't even close to being the same bike - one naked, one not. So go figure.
I think my subscription will lapse.
IBA, MOA, ONS
The mind knows no speed limit.
'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"
Last edited by SKIZIKS; May 30th, 2006 at 2:02 pm.