Power commander maps - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 2019, 5:57 am Thread Starter
Noob

Power commander maps

Does anyone have a map for the K1300 (S, GT)?
I have tried the stock Euro map from DJ but it doesnt give too much improvement on the low end hesitation / under fueling.
I dont have access to a tuner or Autotune yet. So i'll take a punt on a map that someone has for their bike from either of the above methods.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Garage
The map for the S and GT should be different because the intakes are different. Go get the bike Dyno tuned and save the file to a Flash Drive in the event you ever have to reload it. I don't know what the prices in Europe are like but a Dyno Tune is around $100 here in the US. And remember, any changes made to the intakes or the exhaust will effect the engine tune meaning the bike should go back on the Dynamometer. So make up your mind what you want to do with either of these areas going forward before you spend the money on a Dyno Job. Just changing the brand of Air Filter will effect the tune especially if going to a reusable filter like a K&N.

Before Dyno Tuning I'd also put in new Sparkplugs, Air Filters, get the Injectors professionally cleaned, and if your Ignition Sticks are getting old, I'd consider looking at those as well.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2019, 11:13 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss View Post
I have tried the stock Euro map from DJ but it doesnt give too much improvement on the low end hesitation / under fueling.
I dont have access to a tuner or Autotune yet. So i'll take a punt on a map that someone has for their bike from either of the above methods.
Thanks
If you want the bike to run correctly you will need a Power Commander and a Autotune for the K1300. The CPU can not be retuned except by the BMW and there only 12 place in memory for changes. I have power Commander on my 09 for years and had a DIMM Sport injection controller on my 05 K1200S

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 8:46 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss View Post
Thanks
Hi, I have only just seen your question hopefully this is not to late to help. Check out Hilltop motorcycles in the Uk. They do complete remaps of ECU's and have a great reputation. Given that you are in Europe it shouldn't be difficult to sort. I'm in Australia and am seriously thinking of sending my ECU to them over our winter. I have a K1300gt with the same issues. They can be found at

http://www.hilltopmotorcycles.co.uk/

Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode