So we have the K1200S. What are the top 3 things you need on the NEW GT/ST/RT? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 7:33 am Thread Starter

Lightbulb So we have the K1200S. What are the top 3 things you need on the GT/ST/RT?

Moved To New Gt Forum

Last edited by mikeodial; Oct 18th, 2005 at 8:25 am. Reason: POSTED IN WRONG FORUM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 12:00 pm

3 things on the GT

I needed bar backs 1st. Ouch! My arms are long enough/strong enough for that long stretch. Next will be a new windshield, just don't know which brand. Looking for links regarding Aeroflow without luck. Too much wind now with the more upright postion. And last will be a new seat, hopefully a Russell.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 2:29 pm
Enthusiast

New K mods

I demoed the new K. Loved the power. If a new GT is in the works I would like to see the following.

1. Better wind protection. Power windscreen?
2. Get rid of the huge, ugly exhaust can. Why can't they come up with something more like the aftermarket offers. It would be nice not to have to spend another $1500 to replace the exhaust. Maybe something that has a removable baffle so that if we want more exhaust noise it's an easy modification. If you like quiet, leave it in.
3. The tail light used on the K-S has to go. It can't be that hard to design something better than that.
4. Don't make is smaller. If we want a tiny bike, we can buy Japanese for a lot less. Big guys like to ride too. This is a Sport Touring machine, not a mini racer.

I think a lot of RS/GT riders are anxiously waiting and hoping that the new GT will be the bike that pushes us over the edge. A lot of us love the new engine. Now if BMW can just follow through with a better complete package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 2:40 pm

I have the Aeroflow screen and Aeroguards. Add a lot to the comfort on long, fast tours! Sargent seat is great as well. Just my HO!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 3:41 pm

What we really need is.....

1. Better / Brighter headlamp
2. All the extra's that were standard equipment on the 03 GT. Heated Seats. Heated Grips. Cruise Control.
3. Built in GPS and Autocom.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 3:43 pm

1. Cruise Control - yeah, I said it... I LOVE my cruise for times when the slab is unavoidable.
2. Wind Protection - a slightly larger fairing for year round use would be excellent.
3. It's nothing that BMW can change, but I don't know if I could ever do a long ride on a non-Russell seat... call me a wimp.

Matt Barrick
Richmond, VA

2007 BMW K1200S
2002 BMW K1200RS
2000 Honda VFR

If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 4:18 pm
No bogey's twist wrist

Smile things for the new GT

Better wind protection, its a tourer not a hooligan bike. Better bags standard, heated seat, heated grips, cruise, driving lights. Larger gas tank, more visually pleasing tail light. Good trade in on my 2004 GT. Better dealer network, integral radio. thats enough for now.

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 4:30 pm

Arrow a touring machine?

I don't think this thing was ever meant as a touring or sport touring machine. This thing is pure sport bike.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 6:59 pm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaynnes
This thing is pure sport bike.
You're absolutely right!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 9:29 pm

Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Flyer
I have the Aeroflow screen and Aeroguards. Add a lot to the comfort on long, fast tours! Sargent seat is great as well. Just my HO!
Post some pictures. I would love to see what those accessories look like.

Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode