Ecu configuration - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 12:20 am Thread Starter
Noob

Ecu configuration

Hi! Does somebody has the ECU file (.bin)for 1200/1300GT?
I tried to update mine and the programming was interrupted by voltage drop.
Now my ECU has no complete data in it.
I have a ECU file from 1200S which i uploaded in ECU and today i will try to start the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Rookie

yes, but safer to download the K024 files from the internet they are in :\BMW\xxx_SP-Daten_Files\K24\data\BMSKP2

7722566a.opa was original European model's map …
8522505a.opa is the current European model's map …

I have a copy of but can't load them here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	current euro .jpg
Views:	14
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	24463  

Last edited by botus; May 10th, 2019 at 12:52 pm.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 4:45 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by botus View Post
yes, but safer to download the K024 files from the internet they are in :\BMW\xxx_SP-Daten_Files\K24\data\BMSKP2

7722566a.opa was original European model's map Ö
8522505a.opa is the current European model's map Ö

I have a copy of but can't load them here

Can you please give me the entire web address? Or, send me the files to [email protected]
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2019, 2:19 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by treger_felix View Post
Can you please give me the entire web address? Or, send me the files to [email protected]
Thanks in advance

in the post, plus a link.... v66 SP Daten but nothing new on the engine since 2014 for these bikes
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2019, 3:22 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by botus View Post
in the post, plus a link.... v66 SP Daten but nothing new on the engine since 2014 for these bikes

Thanks a lot. These are 0PA files, meaning ECU map. Unfortunately i need the .bin file. I donít know if i can use 0PA files, itís a good studying point.
I found a company in Germany who has all the version for my ECU partnumber (0261209003). I will contact them monday morning.
In the ISTA-P report i found the code of the original version of ECU prog (7714839).
Yesterday i upload a K1200S version and program other key transponders. The bike started, run well, no error, everything perfect, until the engine reached the normal running temp. After that he died at idle. I found out that it was no signal received from the oxygen sensor (straight line in graphic), and the oil temp. was -48 degrees Celsius (no signal from sensor). My conclusion is, the K1200S has maybe other IN/OUT config for ECU.
Anyway, the ECU is again under investigation until i will find the right ECU file version for K1200GT (or K1300GT).
After a complete diagnose with ISTA+ (very useful to work with, especially for calibrations and adaptive units setup) i found that injectors no. 3 and 4 are not in the best shape. So, until i will find the ECU file for my bike, i just ordered a new set of BOSCH OEM fuel injectors.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2019, 4:10 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by treger_felix View Post
Thanks a lot. These are 0PA files, meaning ECU map. Unfortunately i need the .bin file. I don’t know if i can use 0PA files, it’s a good studying point.

on a lot of the BM electronics they cross ref other elements of the vehicle to check everything is legit....

I changed the iDrive knob on my 2008 MY car, requiring a small software update.... But initially I only did it in one location.... the radio head unit then through its teddies and on start put up an error message... turns out the car cross refs 5 modules to see if the software update matches.. if not throw a spanner in the works.

That's why an I-level update is the way forward. All modules get the same matching software update and nothing argues. Which modules ref with what and why its the magic BMW sprinkle in to the equation.. (to make you go to the dealership).

Some stuff can be updated by editing the chassis number to a later vehicle.. then it will find and flash the later software and u edit the vehicle back to the stock chassis and it knows no better.... That's actually how you run the later iDrive knob on early cars

I also think that's why no one re flashes the bikes maps.... Tuners the just bodge up adaptions section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode