BrenTune vs OETune K1300GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2019, 10:11 am Thread Starter
Noob

BrenTune vs OETune K1300GT

I know this is like asking which is the best tire...

but I would like to hear from anyone who has one of these tunes...if you like it...did it make a huge difference...etc.

I have a XiED installed, but not sure it helps much.

Thanks
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2019, 11:22 am

there's a post a bit earlier about this sort of tuning

its a 50 quid tool than you can by online for 250, it plugs in the diagnostic port and steals the map / ecu type and then copies the adaption data. Next you email that info back to them. Using a ten pence bit of software they sprinkle some playstation fairy dust cheat codes in to the mix and email it back. You then write this "enhanced ecu adaption data" to your vehicle using the same gadget and off you go...

its 150 quids worth of improvement for 800 dollars.... or 250 if you shop around at other companies doing the same thing. Over here they tried to franchise it to a dyno guy I know, but when he said "but I'd want to check its a sensible change and maybe tweak some more..." they said - not part of our business model - bye.

note the very same tool
https://www.remapper.co.uk/ecu-remap...el-tuning-box/

Last edited by botus; Jun 8th, 2019 at 11:28 am.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2019, 10:29 pm

Have you done the regular BMW software update for the idling issue?

2009 K1300 GT
2005 R1200 RT - gone
2008 Honda CBR1000 RR - gone
1984 Kawasaki ZX750-E1 Turbo
1990 Kawasaki ZX600R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2019, 7:24 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF1200RT View Post
Have you done the regular BMW software update for the idling issue?
not sure what you mean.

balancing the throttle bodies is still important at major services,
you can get a slightly better idle by asking the stepper motors to calibrate themselves, they go full travel and settle with each doing the right thing, its mostly placebo
you can go from the joke original maps to a later one (giving far better low speed running and a more noticeable power increase when you go from 95 to 99 octane fuel (euro numbering not the wrong USA one)

however it will still leave the designed in noise and emission cheat flat spots that most bikes have... nothing you can do to resolve without "remapping" and well worth doing. sadly no one seems to understand BM mapping so all they offer is adaption (limited adjustment) bodging... but that should still be a fair bit better than just a fueling tweak with a power commander…. look for Hilltop videos on youtube… they seem to be the adaption bodge experts in the UK with a great reputation (1200GS)

if you buy a real bike.... (not BM or later KTMs) you can give Woolwich racing some money and get to play with normal maps and do it properly

Last edited by botus; Jun 9th, 2019 at 7:35 am.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2019, 9:59 am

There is a software update for K bikes that takes of stalling issues. My bike runs fine without all of the ad-ons (boosterplug, Xied). If you're trying to race a K1300GT, you bought the wrong bike.

2009 K1300 GT
2005 R1200 RT - gone
2008 Honda CBR1000 RR - gone
1984 Kawasaki ZX750-E1 Turbo
1990 Kawasaki ZX600R
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2019, 1:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF1200RT View Post
There is a software update for K bikes that takes of stalling issues. My bike runs fine without all of the ad-ons (boosterplug, Xied). If you're trying to race a K1300GT, you bought the wrong bike.
running fine is open to interpretation....

a mint bike with a perfect engine, set up exactly as if BMW's best dealership just serviced it. running fresh exact spec petrol and the latest software actually runs like a DOG.... but most owners are happy in their ignorance.

There's 15% more bottom end & midrange power with a far smoother response waiting to be programmed in... but the emission and noise regs don't want you to have a great safe bike, you must have a mildly stuttering recalcitrant pig instead

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode