BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Milky Windshield

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KJG 
#1 ·
Greetings,

I have a 2009 K1300GT and the windshield has become milky (for lack of a better term). It's difficult to see through as it looks like it's really dirty. I am sure it's from various cleaners over the years.

I am wondering if there is a way to make it clear again or am I looking at just replacing it?

Thanks.

#2 ·
UV damage?

you could spend a lot of effort with a headlamp restoration kit and reseal with UV protector

the stock screen is a hearing damaging, vision blurring mess, the optional high screen no better and the vstream one equally useless (which is a real shame as their GS screen is brilliant).
I rode the 2017 model year facelift K1600GTL recently and was shocked to find for the first ever time on a BMW, a screen that worked buffeting and noise free

#3 ·
replacement shield

I have a nice clear, scratch free shield for sale. I have it listed for $125 but I will lower it to $100 if that will helps you with shipping all the way to Cali. see my ad for pics in classified forum.

LDM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.