So we have the K1200S. What are the top 3 things you need on the GT/ST/RT? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 8:21 am Thread Starter

Lightbulb So we have the K1200S. What are the top 3 things you need on the GT/ST/RT?

So we have the S out there. What are your top 3 things you NEED on the GT version.

Mine are:

1. A little more luggage space
2. Smoother gearbox
3. Cruise

mmmmh... perhaps I should just go buy an S bike.... ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 9:45 am

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeodial
So we have the S out there. What are your top 3 things you NEED on the GT version.

Mine are:

1. A little more luggage space
2. Smoother gearbox
3. Cruise

mmmmh... perhaps I should just go buy an S bike.... ;-)
For half the price of a new S you can get a used RS and it does all the things you list here an much more. What's not to like?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 9:54 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbohn
For half the price of a new S you can get a used RS and it does all the things you list here an much more. What's not to like?
True, but after riding the S for a hour I felt like the RS was a battleship being compared to a speed boat. Having said that I love my battleship and it's paid for!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 9:57 am

battleship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeodial
True, but after riding the S for a hour I felt like the RS was a battleship being compared to a speed boat. Having said that I love my battleship and it's paid for!
There's no beating a paid-for battleship!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 11:42 am

things I need & want

1.The main one is a windshield....electric of course enabling me to only have to wear a helmet if I want to. I don't want to feel like I'm on the beach in Louisiana during Katrina's making landfall when I ride.....

2. Comfort in the seat and the ability of raise and lower the seat and the handlebars along with changing the suspension setting on the fly.

3. Integrated BLuetooth communications system with the helmet which BMW has....allowing me to talk with my passenger, answer the phone, listen to music with the quality of a high end home system, etc.

4. Dealers that specialize just in BMWs who don't sell 5 other different other makes of motorcylces......

5. Or how about just having more dealers in the first place? As there is only 1 dealer in the Dallas area (Pop 3 million)......and subconsciously your always aware that if get pissed off at anyone thus make em mad because they scratched your rim replacing a tire or whatever, your life as a BMW owner will be hell forever more!! Not a comforting thought..

6. Electronic cruise control would be cool too!

7. Navigation system that could be voice only which you could pre-pre-program your destination from your home computer than input it into the bikes nav system which would take your there, a visual screen would be an option for those who for whatever reason want it.. that would be a hoot.

8. BWM provide financing which doesn't require you carry full coverage insurance......$90/year for liability would be satisfactory..

9. Built in radar detectors with Laser jammers as an option.........

I'm tire,,,,,,I quit!!! But you get the picture....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 12:35 pm

Having ridden my K12S for 12k miles I'd say:

1. Adjustable footpegs-shifter-rear brake pedal
2. Adjustable handlebars
3. Electric windshield
4. Electronic cruise
5. Standard equipment centerstand
6. Integrated backrest for a passenger- possibly like the Corbin design.

Hope they get it right the first time around.

Keep a high visual horizon,
Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode