Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA, USA
The 2006-2008 K1200GTs have the wear indicators. They didn't work. Some pads without sensors wore out first and caused damage to rotors before the sensor wire broke and the indicator lit.
The brake light staying on problem may be:
* Short in the wire.
* Sensor wire is broken at the sensor, which is the same as saying "short in the wire."
* There was a recall where the cable ties holding the wires were installed too tight at the factory and caused shorts in the wire.
* The wires are delicate and there may be a short in the wire above where you are looking.
If the wire is fixed and there is no short (are you really sure??):
* Some earlier firmware versions did not automatically reset. You can use a GS-911 or get the dealer to clear it out.
* I have seen all kinds of magical incantations about how to get the automatic reset to work. The one I remember is to ride the bike at more than 30 mph, and apply the brakes. Repeat 3 times.