Clutch slave cylinder - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2020, 6:29 am Thread Starter
Noob

Clutch slave cylinder

Good morning,

First, I like to thank you all for your posts about the problem with the clutch and how you can fix it.
Yesterday I changed my clutch basket and the clutch blades. everything went good i think. It took me a while to get the basket in but that's ok.
I cleaned the cover for the clutch, to get everything clean for the new gasket.
Then I did a mistake and cleaned also the clutch slave cylinder. I went over the ball in the middle with a wrack, to get old oil off of it.
Then it happened. This ball in the middle turned around. Now I can't get it back to the flat side of the ball. What can I do now? Do I have to buy a new slave cylinder?

I hope somebody understands what I mean and can help me.

I attached a picture from a Clutch slave cylinder to show which ball I mean.

Thank You

Mathis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slave cylinder.png
Views:	32
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	25855  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2020, 2:35 pm

Mathis, does that picture show the "ball" in the correct orientation, or after you turned it around? Looks like it's correct, can someone confirm?

The negligible wear on the "ball" would be expected from contact with the clutch (don't recall the name of the next part).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2020, 5:56 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Hey , thank you for responding. This picture I posted, I found in the Internet to show what part I mean. In the picture is the ball in the right position. I touched on my bike this ball and this ball turned around and is now very tied. I can't move it anymore. I read a post from a guy in a forum where he said : when this ball is in side out ( flat part inside of the slave cylinder and round side outside in the clutch) it would course a clutch damage after 2000 miles.

This ball is puching the thrust adapter, who is sitting inside if the transmission shaft.

I forgot to make some pictures. I go back tomorrow in the shop and make some pictures.

I opened the slave cylinder to look inside and couldnt figure out how I can turn this ball back in his old position.

English is my second language that's why I don't know all the names of the parts.

Thanks

Mathis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2020, 4:09 pm

ESL no problem, you write well enough that we understand.

Something to try: loosen the clutch slave bleeder screw. If there were pressure in the slave the ball might not want to move. That would not explain why moved earlier.

Second thing to try: connect the hydraulic hose from the clutch master and give the clutch lever a gentle squeeze, they try move the ball. Or, disconnect from the hydraulic hose and try. Or, loosen the bleed screw and try.

One of these has got to work...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2020, 2:18 pm Thread Starter
Noob

I tried everything that you wrote. I couldn't figure out how to do it.
I took the part off of the motorcycle and went to a BMW mechanic. He took it and came two minutes later back and the ball was in the right direction.
I asked how he did it. He took the slave cylinder apart and had to flip this cylinder direction floor, so the ball would get a little bit loose. then he said he played around with the ball and then it turned around. sounds easy but I still don't know how this worked. when I tried it the ball was very tied.

So I am very happy he could help me. I installed the part and the bike is running.

Thanks for your help

Mathis

Tags
clutch slave cylinder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode