BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Stebel Horn

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Growler48 
#1 ·
The existing horn on the K bikes is not too bad, but I could not resist fitting a Stebel yesterday. It fits nicely under the left hand fairing.

I fitted one to my last K1300 a while ago:

Hope this is helpful to someone.

I'd have one on every bike now.

Dave

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
I also put one on my K13GT. There's an excellent place for it on top the ABS pump under the left side fairing. Would like to have it more exposed (not behind the plastic) but that would require some sort of bracket to be fabbed. Separate power line and fuse direct from the battery, use the original horn wires, plus a relay that came with the horn. Loud AF and inexpensive on Amazon.

#3 ·
Stebel/Denali Horns are LIFE SAVERS

After a ten-year absence, today I rejoined the forum, but now I'm PrivateAxis "2.0" because I couldn't remember my old password and no longer had the old email I used to register. But one of the first mods of (too) many on my old 2006 K1200R was a Stebel horn because like most OEM motorcycle horns, the K12R's is a useless joke. Imagine a big lion opens his mouth to roar and the mew of a kitten comes out. I'm a daily rider here in Los Angeles, the likely birthplace of the distracted cellphone cager, so either a Stebel or a Denali has been added to every bike I've owned since a few before my original K12R. And I've owned five bikes since, over thirty in total. Unfortunately, I had to fabricate a mount for every single one of them. A pretty simple task, even for a non-metal worker like me. And there are what I imagine are threaded mounting holes for the K13S's plastics all over its naked kin, and a perfect one to mount the horn's bracket just behind the radiator on the left side of the bike. Yes, it sticks out a bit, but these horns have saved my bacon more times than I can count, so I say, "Let the ugly horn reign!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.