Will You Keep Your K12S (or KLT) Once the New "GT" Comes Out? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2005, 2:59 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Will You Keep Your K12S (or KLT) Once the New "GT" Comes Out?

If you have a K12S will you keep it if the new GT has the requirements the thread dealing with what you want on the new GT/ST/RT?

Will you keep your KLT etc.

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2005, 5:19 pm
Enthusiast

GT replacement

My question is will I replace the current GT with a new one. Sometimes I think it's worth a look but probably not. The current one works so well and I've got the Speed Triple for sportier stuff. May be a problem if I take a test ride.

David Littlefield
Clute, TX
09 K1300S
70 Commando
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2005, 6:08 pm
Enthusiast

Will definitely keep the KS. Not giving this rocket up for anything! Now, will I keep the existing 02 LT? That's the very good question. I desire something lighter in the lbs. department. However, everytime I consider trading or selling this beast, I ride it and fall in love with this "greatest of tourers" all over again. It's all about "what's your mission"...Ah, yes, the new GT, three in the garage wouldn't hurt, now would it? I'm waiting on the release in 06.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2005, 7:59 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Ok, now you are playing with my mind. I always think the LT is gonna be the one that hits the bricks untill I ride it again and once again remember how luxurious and nice handling that beast really is? NO, NO, NO...NOT 4 bikes in the garage!!!

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 9:26 am

Thumbs up Post me one NOW !

My 'RS is up for renewal in about 6 months, so as long as there is a new GT, and it has some wind protection and decent panniers... the order is as good as placed
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 10:10 am
Telepathetic

The LT is as good as gone if there is a new GT released in the spring. Should the next generation not be to my liking, I will probably get an '04 GT.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue
85K on the clock
_'07 GS - Yeller
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 11:05 am
It janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowflyn
The LT is as good as gone if there is a new GT released in the spring. Should the next generation not be to my liking, I will probably get an '04 GT.

Andreas Pleschutznig
Houston, TX
'10 F800GS
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 11:32 am
cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Small grammatical correction: In German 'couch' is female and hence the correct would be: 'Die Couch'
Hey, what do YOU know about German gammar?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 12:25 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
If you have a K12S will you keep it if the new GT has the requirements the thread dealing with what you want on the new GT/ST/RT?

Will you keep your KLT etc.
Oh yes, keeping the KS. With the overwhelming number of rides I'm on less than 300 miles, it is an easy decision. Plus, there's something about leaning forward into the curves and being on a more purposeful, lighter bike for these < 300 mile rides. When I find I have the family/work time to take many long, multi-day rides then something like the R1200RT or K1200RT/GT will be on the bike-to-get short list.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 1:34 pm

John,

Well, there's a lot of "if's" here. in your situation, assuming the FJR doesn't come your way next spring, it seems more likely you might consider selling or trading the K-S for the new RT/GT. You even played with the idea of the present GT for awhile. There's no question that the K-S is way more sport than tour.

My former GT was a very good 40 degree motorcycle; a temp. range we see alot in the early morning around the Northwet. Below that, I just won't ride a motorcycle. While the K-S, at least for me, seems to be a much better 50 degree motorcycle in the winter. I'm talking about relatively short 50 - 75 mile day rides, here.

I could be tempted by the new GT if it has most of the mid range performance of the K-S, feels nearly as light as the K-S, feels as connected to the road as the K-S (i.e. the fairing does not have the effect of isolating the rider); while at the same time has the added benefit of showing itself to be a very good 40 degree motorcycles. As a general rule, Beemers are not "hot" bikes, so summer heat (especially around the Northwest) is not a major issue as it would be for you.

I sure wish BMW would, at least, launch a tease campaign of some sort if they are not ready to release the bike, just so we could at least have a few discussion points on its overall design concept.

Miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode