My Cruise Control fixed itself! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2006, 4:59 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up My Cruise Control fixed itself!

Coming off of an LT, the one thing I didn't like was how the cruise control on my new GT would engage. There was about a 1 second lag. I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and chalked it up to just being different...no real big deal.

On my last ride down to North GA, I noticed that the cruise seemed to be engaging quicker. But I figured it was just me getting used to it.

By the time I got back home (about 4K on the odometer), the CC is engaging immediately...just like my old LT. Sweet! This GT fixes itself! I didn't realize it was that smart. Maybe that's part of the CANbus system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2006, 6:11 pm

It's magic!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2006, 6:35 pm
Veteran

i have noticed on my "old gt" that depending whitch gear your in has an effect on how the cc operates......maybe the same on the new gt?..."cannabis"...sometimes thats all is needed

Last edited by BAK04GT; Aug 1st, 2006 at 6:43 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2006, 8:51 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK04GT
i have noticed on my "old gt" that depending whitch gear your in has an effect on how the cc operates......
No, I'm definitely comparing apples to apples here. I'm talking about when riding in 6th gear, 70mph down the highway. When I first bought the bike, it would take about a full second to engage. I was training myself to keep holding the throttle until the CC caught. Now, I can let go of the throttle immediately (just like my old LT) . . . much to my surprise.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2006, 10:00 pm
The Gov

Cable slack/adjustment?

While on that subject, do you know if there is a correct way to take the slack out of the throttle cable, I have a bunch, not sure whether to tighten both cables at the same time/rate or not.

Phil Space
Springfield, VA
2007 K1200GT the road beast
2009 F800GS - My little adventure bike.
2007 F800ST - Her's, but I can ride it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 2:18 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philspace
Cable slack/adjustment?

While on that subject, do you know if there is a correct way to take the slack out of the throttle cable, I have a bunch, not sure whether to tighten both cables at the same time/rate or not.
Take it to the dealer and have them teach you while they do it. That's what I would do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode