Could not believe the difference... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:22 pm Thread Starter

Could not believe the difference...

The other day before heading to work as I was ready to pull out I decided to change my preload on the GT.
I've been running with the single helmet (solo) and have switched through the Comfort, normal and sport settings and have not felt great differences EXCEPT that in comfort the bike seemed to wallow around to me.

I moved to the solo with luggage setting and dialed in comfort on the 4-lane up to my office. Now understand the 4-lane happens to be Hwy 515 north of Atlanta up through the beginnings of the North Ga mountains.......pretty neat road to ride to work on.

BIG DIFFERENCE now with the adjustment.....so on the way home I take some select back roads and dial in Normal....again a very nice feel to my GT and as I turn left off Yukon Rd to go up over and around Burnt Mtn. I clicked into Sport.

Those of you that know this area know why........great choice for this road......up, down and around....right on Steve Tate and right on Hwy 53 and back into Tate/ Old Hwy 5 and into the garage.

And I must admitt that I was somewhat unsure of the ESA but am now a believer.

Try these settings if you haven't already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2006, 2:31 am

With the luggage setting.. did you actually have anything in the boxes?

I can tell a difference in sport mode versus comfort. Sport is a much harder ride--I feel more attached to the road.

I have not tried telling it I had luggage when in fact I did not. Is that what you're suggesting?

-mark=
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2006, 7:29 am

Me too...

I noticed that when I run with "solo luggage" - sans loaded luggage - that the bike is less upset by things like uneven road, and that differences in ESA settings are more profound. There is also less squat in cornering, requiring less throttle to lift the bike up in its suspension.

To me this is the setting that I run when I want to preserve my chicken stripes. I use is when I want to "ride on" rather than "drive" the bike (if you get what I mean).

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2006, 4:55 pm Thread Starter

Markgt...

Yes, I feel that telling the bike that there's luggage but there really isn't any, provides the best ride on my GT.

I agree the adjustments are more pronounced when set to Luggage and the bike just feels better overall.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode