There should be a listing of qualified mechanics!! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 2005, 1:01 pm Thread Starter

There should be a listing of qualified mechanics!!

I recently had an unpleasant experience(s) at a local dealer having my GT serviced. I have used them for service in support of their already difficult financial plight.

However, I think this site could serve its members by having a complied list of trained/qualified mechanics who might be willing to service your bike. Experience on this 'site' is immense and I am sure many are qualified. I certainly would utilize any mechanic who I have come to know instead of these new 20 year old techs who have very little concern; they certainly are not as attentive as you would be.

So I propose to have a listing based on region and what one is willing to do. Hopefully, participation is such that I can even have an option other than the dreadful dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 2005, 1:06 pm
"Hey Y'all"

Arrow Installers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascjung
.....So I propose to have a listing based on region and what one is willing to do. Hopefully, participation is such that I can even have an option other than the dreadful dealer.
Great idea! we're part way there. Under the Accessories, Gadgets, Gear and Assistance forum look at Anonymous installers (currently empty). This will be the future location for people willing to assist with service, repair, or beverage disposition.

Until then, check out the archives for Anonymous Installers
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:01 pm

Sounds good

But what's a qualified mechanic? I'd like to see a list of dealers who have certified factory trained mechanics on board.........I think if the dealer has enough balls to spend 10K on getting a mechanic trained by BMW.....he should at least be acknowledged by being listed somewhere as to having someone who knows the difference between the crown jewels and a crown ball joint...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2005, 6:04 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by downn2
But what's a qualified mechanic? I'd like to see a list of dealers who have certified factory trained mechanics on board.........I think if the dealer has enough balls to spend 10K on getting a mechanic trained by BMW.....he should at least be acknowledged by being listed somewhere as to having someone who knows the difference between the crown jewels and a crown ball joint...

Don't worry if you break down around St. Louis because there is only one beemer dealer and I will get you there even tho I am not a qualified mechanic or have an approved truck/trailer by beemer.
The board has an installers list which means most of us can fix simple problems but mostly we put our names and numbers of so you don't stay stranded on the road. It wouldn't hurt to list list BMW dealers by states and towns but the PTB (powers that be) have to set it up and we the people can fill in the blanks.
Later == Bobby

Real Pretty Blue 09KGT
00 REX 1100
01 REX 1200
08 ZX14 Dark Blue Metallic

93 Supercharged Lytnin
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 11:07 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lytnin
Don't worry if you break down around St. Louis because there is only one beemer dealer and I will get you there even tho I am not a qualified mechanic or have an approved truck/trailer by beemer.
The board has an installers list which means most of us can fix simple problems but mostly we put our names and numbers of so you don't stay stranded on the road. It wouldn't hurt to list list BMW dealers by states and towns but the PTB (powers that be) have to set it up and we the people can fill in the blanks.
Later == Bobby
I'm in Dallas, which has only one BMW dealer you could say.....cause the dealer also sells 5 different other makes of bikes......the BMW only occupy about a 1/5 of the show room floor....Yes, they have two mechanics. My only problem is, how on earth can someone keep up with all the service advisories, not to mention the continuing education requirements to maintain their certified BMW mechanic rating, while at the same time keep up with 4 other manufactures advisories, etc for no other reason that to satisfy a greedy dealer's pocketbook...........It's damn impossible! Meaning, their mechanics aren't BMW certified...Yea, they can probably fix most problems, but they'd have to fit you in between the Trumphs, Ducatis,Aprillas,Motto Guzziss, and god know what other makes the dealer might have added. And God help ya if one of the mechanics decide to retire or leave the day before your come struggling in and there's some new kid back there who's only experience is with Harleys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode