Hooking neutral - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2006, 7:58 pm Thread Starter

Hooking neutral

I ams starting to have a problem hooking neutral when shifting between first and second. The up-shift feels like a "full shift" (not the halfway sensation you get going into N), but it sticks in N. My only warning that this has happened is that when I let out the clutch, the green N on the dash goes on (note this happens after the clutch lever is released) and the bike revs. This seems to be happening about 2/3 of the time for the last 150 miles or so. I would think that I was to blame except if that were the case, I would think that this would have been happening since go. But of course I am not convinced that I am not completely to blame.

I have not been able to relate this problem to any one thing that is happening at that time with the ride or the bike.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2006, 9:14 pm

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5706

Take a look at this thread and see if helps. I had a similar problem and a simple adjustment made all the difference in the world. Also, it could be something as simple as what shoes your wearing and were you place your foot after the shift. I have found myself, thinking that I had moved my foot far enough back, winding up between the gears and it popping back in neutral.

You might try adjusting your shifter and see if makes a difference. It is easy do and only takes a few minutes. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2006, 9:25 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the link. I have made the adjustments to the sift lever, but no dice.

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2006, 10:11 pm
Rookie

Hooking neutral

I have the same problem on an 05 K1200S. Along with other shifting problems. The parallelogram adjustment didn't help. Shifting problems started about 8000 miles ago when the clutch went out from the "broken lock wire" problem that is described in other threads. Grating, not clunking, when shifting into second and third and also sticking in neutral quite often. BMW of Grand Rapids,MI. checked with the factory rep today and he said to check it out and replace the transmission or clutch or both. I think the clutch is working fine now. Transmission may have been stressed during the three thousand miles when the clutch wasn't completely disengaging. Also have a problem with the brakes pulsating. They have replaced the front right disc twice and the problem keeps recurring.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode