Corbins are coming - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2006, 7:44 pm Thread Starter

Corbins are coming

I just got word that Corbin saddles will be available for order in 6-8 weeks. It will be 2 piece like stock and be similar to what is currently available for the RT. Pricing is yet to be definitively determied but is expected to be between $299-499 for the front and $199-399 for the rear pillion. This huge range is because the cost for heat integration has yet to be nailed down. There should be a Smuggler option available soon as well.

I for one would love a Corbin with a Smuggler. I think that would be a great set up.

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2006, 8:09 pm
Enthusiast

I've never purchased a Corbin (but I've inherited one) so I don't have any first-hand experience with Corbin's customer service but I've heard too many horror stories. If you get the right saddle the first time you're lucky. If not, good luck.

His and Hers K1200S'
His: <strike>'05 Indigo Blue</strike>
Hers: '06 Granite Gray
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2006, 8:13 pm

While not quite related.. I did find out that Rocky Mayer has a 2006 K/GT. This may mean he might have a clue as to what works on our GTs.

I am really having a hard time with this. I am going to take a long trip (700+ mile weekend) and make the final call. I think the stock seat is going to have to go -- but perhaps after 700 miles I'll change my mind.

I have already put 930+ miles, but not in any one sitting. Just 35 miles at a time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2006, 8:27 pm
Enthusiast

I recently did 14.5 hrs. and 800 miles in one day with the stock seat. I am determined to break it in. Perhaps not. With 3K on the bike, I going to give it some more time.

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2006, 8:45 pm

"Corbins coming"

BFD!!

You are much better off looking at Mayer,Sargent,Russell.

JR356
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2006, 9:06 pm

Breaking in???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerDude
I recently did 14.5 hrs. and 800 miles in one day with the stock seat. I am determined to break it in. Perhaps not. With 3K on the bike, I going to give it some more time.
Take heart...I'm nearly at 6000 on my GT and just in the last week the seat seems like it has given up fighting my ass. Even my pillion has said that hers is improving. So...maybe the seat will be a keeper afterall.

Doug
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2006, 9:12 pm
Enthusiast

I've had two Rick Mayer's and they rock.

I did a ride-in and waited for them to be done but he's done hundreds of saddles just using photos. The only drawback to doing it that way is that you have to send him your current seatpan and wait for it to come back. But... at least you know that it'll fit your bike and your butt.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2006, 2:48 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Rider
I've had two Rick Mayer's and they rock.

I did a ride-in and waited for them to be done but he's done hundreds of saddles just using photos. The only drawback to doing it that way is that you have to send him your current seatpan and wait for it to come back. But... at least you know that it'll fit your bike and your butt.
I live close to Oaji.. so it wouldn't be a big deal to go there and just do it.

I guess if I really didn't like his effort I could still go Russell later.. it is just money right?

-mark=
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2006, 3:20 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR356
"Corbins coming"

BFD!!

JR356
Maybe. But you have to concede that the Smuggler option is pretty cool.

Brian
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2006, 3:38 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMGT
I guess if I really didn't like his effort ...
I was unhappy with the saddles for my ZRX and ended up going back (twice) for adjustments.

The second time I got a saddle (for an Sprint ST) I was the first appointment of the day. He did the saddle but didn't apply glue or stitching. I went out for a test ride.

I rode for about an hour (tons of great roads around there but having a GPS was sure handy). I didn't think that anything needed to be adjusted so he finished it off. That saddle was perfect!

His and Hers K1200S'
His: <strike>'05 Indigo Blue</strike>
Hers: '06 Granite Gray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode