I would like to see added to the 2008:
1. Built-in flash card port so user could do firmware updates from BMW-UK or BMW-NA to the computer without having to go to a dealer. Sort of a mini onboard Motitec (or whatever it's called) that is used for brake bleeds and valve diagnostics.
2. Same port could be used for on-board mp3 player.
3. Add some sort of removalable/upgradeable, but seems to be built-in (lockable), GPS unit using card port above to load routes.
4. Again, same port could be used to store personal bike setup info to the computer (i.e. tire pressure range, shock settings, turn-signal delay turn-off times, owner's name on startup, mechanical service items like spark plug change times and oil change intervals (some of us do it maybe too frequently?), etc.).
5. For BMW to take some lessons from some California based seat builders on how to make a comfortable seat.
Dunno, but the styling has sort of grown on me for some reason...as has the "Refrigerator White" (i.e. Crystal Grey).