first post - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2006, 9:39 pm Thread Starter

first post

I want to thank all those who contribute here. I've been reading the posts daily for the last few months while I've waited for my K1200GT to arrive. I've learned alot that has kept me from re-inventing the wheel concernig wiring for electronics, seat options to replace a saddle for which BMW should be charged with felonious assault, tank bags, and more.
My crsystal grey '06 bike arrived two weeks ago. I've not yet taken a long trip on it, but have put 1850 miles on it in 100 to 350 mile rides. It is way too much fun. I bought it from Big Sky BMW in Missoula, Montana drove the 120 miles there to have the 600 mile first service done. They have been far better to deal with than I could have imagined. There was no charge for the oil change or 600 mile service.
Thanks again. Hope to see you on the road.

Brooke Hunter
Helena, MT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2006, 10:17 pm

Welcome to the fold.

You must be real good at riding in string winds. Every time I have been through your stretch of I-90 I have felt like I was getting blown all over the place. That said it is also some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere in this country.

Brian
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Brooke - Congratulations and welcome to the group. But, where are the pictures...we need pictures!
Cheers, Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 26th, 2006, 11:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhunter
I want to thank all those who contribute here. I've been reading the posts daily for the last few months while I've waited for my K1200GT to arrive. I've learned alot that has kept me from re-inventing the wheel concernig wiring for electronics, seat options to replace a saddle for which BMW should be charged with felonious assault, tank bags, and more.
My crsystal grey '06 bike arrived two weeks ago. I've not yet taken a long trip on it, but have put 1850 miles on it in 100 to 350 mile rides. It is way too much fun. I bought it from Big Sky BMW in Missoula, Montana drove the 120 miles there to have the 600 mile first service done. They have been far better to deal with than I could have imagined. There was no charge for the oil change or 600 mile service.
Thanks again. Hope to see you on the road.

Brooke Hunter
Helena, MT
welcome to the forum
and congratulations on your bike... my GT will be here in a week or 2

as said above.....
PICTURES.. please
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2006, 12:21 am

MB, I enjoyed stopping at Big Sky during my Out West Tour last year.

They were super about taking care of my oil change and rear tire replacement without an appointment, which I believe they do for most travelers in need.

Great selection of goodies also.......

Enjoy your new GT !!!

Regards
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2006, 1:41 am
Telepathetic

Welcome home. We have been waiting for you.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue
85K on the clock
_'07 GS - Yeller
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 27th, 2006, 2:39 am
Enthusiast

Welcome! I have GOT to get up your way. Years ago, I had a pal, dyed in the wool New Yorker (I was living in Manhattan at the time) that went to Missoula for a 'temporary' teaching job. Never came back. Finally got ahold of him and asked why. His response: "...can't say, but if you come out, you'll stay too". Cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode