Is the 7.0 upgrade covered under warranty? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2006, 12:23 pm Thread Starter

Is the 7.0 upgrade covered under warranty?

For you that have received the 7.0 upgrade, was it covered under warranty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2006, 12:39 pm

Yes!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2006, 2:10 pm
Enthusiast

Yes, mine was, however, I can assure you the dealers want a valid reason to perform the install. Imagine that. They seemed to be programed by the "mothership" to ask for specific issues with the bike. My explanation regarding a bucking issue at low speeds didn't seem to phase them until I mentioned a onetime only complete engine failure while riding issue. Otherwise, every knucklehead in town would be standing in line for upgrade. Summary: you have a legit issue BMW should perform warranty! Good luck

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2006, 2:41 pm
Enthusiast

My experience was exactly the opposite of BeemerDude's. I walked into my local dealership on this past Saturday just to say hey and see what everybody was up to. Out of the blue the dealership owner and one of the salesmen (the owners son) asked me if I'd like to have the 7.0 upgrade installed. Said it'd take about 45 minutes. Mine was apparently one of several they've done. No charge, no questions, no hassles, no problems.

Mike
'06 GT
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2006, 4:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mser
My experience was exactly the opposite of BeemerDude's. I walked into my local dealership on this past Saturday just to say hey and see what everybody was up to. Out of the blue the dealership owner and one of the salesmen (the owners son) asked me if I'd like to have the 7.0 upgrade installed. Said it'd take about 45 minutes. Mine was apparently one of several they've done. No charge, no questions, no hassles, no problems.

Mike
'06 GT
That's what all the dealers should say!

Which dealer was that may I ask? (I'm in the market for a GT with T/C)

Mike
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2006, 5:36 pm
Addict-oholic

We will see if BMW Manhattan does my GT under warranty. I complained at the 600 mile service about the fueling problem. have a standalone appointment to do only the upgrade on Sep 11. Whether they ask me to pay or not, I want it. Today, I went for a long ride and the bike was bucking in 1st thru 3rd at low speeds.......my butt is a little sore wearing my lightweight pants. Maybe, tomorrow, if it is a tad cooler, I will wear leathers and see if there is a difference.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2006, 11:09 am

Thumbs up

Complain about your accessory plug shutting down after an hour of use or battery charging. 7.0 fixes that, so it's a warranty issue.
Pete

Pete Eshleman
Proud father of SquidlyKid
2006 K1200S
2000 SV650 race bike
1999 XR650R sold
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 9:27 am

My dealer is planning on charging me as well. I have an appointment for the 11th. I'll pay if he won't warranty it, as the low-speed drivability needs to be fixed. I'll write BMW requesting a refund directly. Most important thing is getting it done. Too many positive comments posted here, and the problem is real.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 2:31 pm

Dealer did the upgrade under warranty. No questions asked!!

Pete D.
Simi Valley, CA
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 3:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mser

Mike
'06 GT
That's the exception ...not the rule. Do you bring them donuts every sat. morning?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode