'07 brake changes - What are the facts? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2006, 4:09 pm Thread Starter

'07 brake changes - What are the facts?

I notice several posts are referring to the changes in the brake system on the '07 models. However, my UK dealer has been unable to get any definite information about this from BMW. My GT is due in this week (fingers crossed) and will be the first of the '07 bikes they have seen. They cannot confirm what brake system it is coming with.

Has anyone got absolute info, rather than rumour, on which brake system - the old power assist, or the new non-servo system - is fitted on the bikes that were built during August and are currently in transit? I have so far seen 3 different dates on different web sites for the introduction of these new brakes, so would appreciate some clarity. Has anyone actually got their '07 bike yet?

The suspense is killing me (not to mention the frustration of being only days away from the new toy )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2006, 2:06 am
Addict

Hello Chris. I purchased an 06 KGT earlier this month but I'm just as curious as you on the 07 brake changes and if it is for the better or not. I'll visit my dealer this Saturday for my first service so I'll try to find out from the Service Techs what's up with the new brake system. I'll share with you any real information that I hear about. Talk to you soon.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2006, 2:44 am
Rookie

Hi Chris,

I saw a new bike at SPC near Alton on Saturday that did not have the servo assist. The dealer went and got the key, turned the bike on and used the front brake and no pump noise. So we concluded that bikes currently coming in are servo-less.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2006, 8:01 am

Red face My Bike

I trust he wasn't using my new baby as a brake demonstrator....

Was it blue, SE, high screen, datatool RED alarm system, 49 litre box??

Pick it up Friday 1st September 0900!!

Doug
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2006, 1:23 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedo
Hi Chris,

I saw a new bike at SPC near Alton on Saturday that did not have the servo assist. The dealer went and got the key, turned the bike on and used the front brake and no pump noise. So we concluded that bikes currently coming in are servo-less.

Steve
I assume that was a GT? Well, that certainly seems to answer the question that the new brake system is appearing on at least some of the current 07 models, which is excellent news.......provided they work as well as the old servo-assisted. I never had a problem with the 06 GT test bike's brakes, probably because I'm used to the LT's servo brakes, so it will be interesting to compare. Thanks for the info

Doug - Let us have a report once you've had your first blast, because it looks like my bike isn't going to get to my dealer this week after all (more chewing of the furniture).
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2006, 2:44 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdouggt
I trust he wasn't using my new baby as a brake demonstrator....

Was it blue, SE, high screen, datatool RED alarm system, 49 litre box??

Pick it up Friday 1st September 0900!!

Doug
Hi Doug,

deinitely blue SE with high screen. No box fitted. It was the only KGT in the showroom with the exception of their black demonstrator. There was a sticker on it stating Sep 1st delivery so I'm guessing it was yours. Don't worry about anything untoward happening to your bike, it was parked right at the back of the shop next to the Autocom systems.

Not the greatest weather today but enjoy your new bike. I hope to order one today after a second test ride at North Oxford Garage. Did you get a good deal from SPC?

Steve
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2006, 7:49 am
Strafist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdy
because it looks like my bike isn't going to get to my dealer this week after all (more chewing of the furniture).
Hey Chris, I've gone from chewing furniture to gnawing off limbs.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2006, 9:42 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Hey Chris, I've gone from chewing furniture to gnawing off limbs.
No, no, stop!! You won't be able to ride your GT when it does eventually arrive and then you'd have to consume what was left of yourself out of frustration. Go take the pills, select a nice piece of mahogony (it lasts longer) and go lie down.

WARNING - do NOT read the post on Thursday when I give my first impressions of the '07 bike - it will only upset you.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2006, 11:48 am
Strafist

Not my limbs! Limbs from cedar trees. A soft wood when still growing, not so hard on the chompers. When my wife beat me with a rolled up newspaper and threw me outside after catching me chewing her office chair, I had to chew somethang!

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode