Heated grips - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2006, 8:53 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Heated grips

Anyone notice grips warming up when ignition turned on (even if motor not running)? It could be 95 degrees outside and they will still go on - not sure how long they stay on, but it seems like after a while either I stop noticing, or they go off. The hand grip switch is in the 'off' position when this happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2006, 9:19 pm

You know, I thought I have noticed this as well. But I tend to run pretty warm, so I just thought it was me. Then the other day my Dad put his hands on the grip after I was riding and asked if I had them on.

Strange :wtf

Brian
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2006, 9:28 pm
Enthusiast

Notice almost every time I start the GT. Then again, I first noticed it on my KS. On both bikes the switch is always off, however, the grips fill like they are warming up. Seems to go away after a while. Thought it was my imagination. Guess not! Perhaps there is medication for this illness. No?

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2006, 11:39 pm

Darn, I thought it was my imagination! I'm going to set up a digital thermometer to verify this. Wonder if V 7.0 fixes this too ?
Greg
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2006, 7:03 am
Veteran

I've noticed this as well. In fact, I've noticed the same thing with the heated seat. However, rather than an electrical gremlin, I've concluded I only notice it after the bike has been outside, parked in the sun. I'm convinced it is only thermal energy absorbed by the black component. I never notice this when the bike has been parked in the garage.

Chris
NS, Canada

IBA, MOA, ONS

The mind knows no speed limit.

'06 GT - CGM "Katie"
'84 Airhead "Rita"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode