CCR - are you alive? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 3:23 am Thread Starter
I'm riding

Talking CCR - are you alive?

Guys,

Still no reports, no pics, no impressions on CCR:-((

Are you alive?

Or have not yet decided what was that? :-))

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 4:20 pm

are YOU alive

you are on the wrong forum

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

all the CCR write-up is on the K1200LT forum, of course
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 7:21 pm
The Gov

We got back a while ago, followed Ernesto up the coast.

We had a great time and have been sworn to post no pics of Jeffe's SWMBO at the cooking class or the sock hop. Once the dogs are done loving on us and I have been Martini'ed enough I will upload what I have and post them over there.

Definitely a class act, next year's location will be even better.

Phil Space
Springfield, VA
2007 K1200GT the road beast
2009 F800GS - My little adventure bike.
2007 F800ST - Her's, but I can ride it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 9:01 pm
Statmaster

We just got back to Dallas. 852 miles in 13 hours and 3 minutes. Woohoo!!!

Dave Dragon's Photo Blog of the event.

http://www.davedragon.org/photos/trips/ccr6/pics.asp

As always, it was a blast!!!

Can't wait for next year. Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, MO.

Andy's photo blog from the Banquet

http://www.ple.org/CCR2006-Friday

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 9:47 pm
Statmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by philspace
We got back a while ago, followed Ernesto up the coast.

We had a great time and have been sworn to post no pics of Jeffe's SWMBO at the cooking class or the sock hop. Once the dogs are done loving on us and I have been Martini'ed enough I will upload what I have and post them over there.

Definitely a class act, next year's location will be even better.
Phil,

It was great meeting you. It sure looked like Joe had quite a crowd in the tech sessions. I got called away on something with the vendors that needed attention. Seems like it was very successful.

You might have promised Ruth not to post pictures, but that's okay, just post 'em anyway. LOL!!!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 10:13 pm
Statmaster

Some stats on the event...

We had sold out with 605 attendees, but it appears that only 510 made it to CCR. It seems some people backed out being afraid of Ernesto.

While it was hotter and more humid than normal for late August, that didn't stop most of the gang from taking a ride or two. The Dragon and Cherohala were popular, as well as many of the local rides. Some of the guys followed Alton Brown's lead and visited a couple of the Georgia locations highlighted on Feasting on Asphalt. The Bisquit Place was a favorite morning spot, and Shirley's Soul Food was a favorite for lunch. Get there early, because Shirley has to drive the local school bus and will shut down at 2pm or when the food runs out (which was happening about 12:30 while some of the gang were there).

I never got a count of bikes, but the valet parking lot was full, and there were still bikes scattered in the other parking lots.

We ended up having only 4 GTs show up, but it was a great place to show all those LT guys what they are missing. I am sure we will have several converts.

Our silent auction was a resounding success. Someone was able to pick up the Airfare/Hotel/Golf for the St Andrews trip for $4500. The greens fees alone for that trip are $2000. The group managed to raise over $22,000 for the local charity, The Treehouse, an advocacy center for children who are the victims of sexual and physical abuse. According to their director, it costs about $1000 per child, so this donation will go to help serve 22 additional kids in need. An extra $1000 was also donated to the Treehouse by the recipient of the 50/50 drawing.

The vendor area was very busy. It seemed that Wednesday was slow because so many people were in the tech sessions. Joe hosted the first CCR K1200GT tech session and it looked like there were a lot of very interested folks. I was called away on other reunion business, so I didn't get to stay very long.

Probably the most successful aspect of the reunion was the spontaneous gathering of the Booze Brothers. On every evening from Monday through Thursday, the gang gathered until the wee hours. I also heard that the Wedensday night gathering of the Booze Brothers won the coveted "Insensitive Moron" award as a group!

And Grif (ggscoots here on the forum) will be the Chairman for next year's event at the Tan-Tar-A resort in Osage Beach, MO. I even heard some of the guys were thinking of leaving the bikes at home and bringing their boats. There is some "party cove" on the lake, and it is rumored that many of the ladies go topless.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 9:30 pm
The Gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Phil,

It was great meeting you. It sure looked like Joe had quite a crowd in the tech sessions. I got called away on something with the vendors that needed attention. Seems like it was very successful.

You might have promised Ruth not to post pictures, but that's okay, just post 'em anyway. LOL!!!
Ruth is a hoot, and we had way too much fun in the cooking class. I can only imagine that the next one will only be better.

I caught one pic of some cool bikes parked in a handicapped spot, you don't see that very often

Spacewife did have way too much fun. I appreciated the invite to go out with the booze brothers, but my place was making an ass of myself on the dance floor, gettin points with the frau and watching Ruth and her buds tearing it up as well.

Spacewife was also doing some stupid shit. The food at the Cafe Elan was great.

I did give this trip my all, as a vacation for the wife, spa shit, clothes, food, and worse, giving up time in the twisties to go f'in shopping for quilts and crap.

BTW, does anybody know what yer supposin to do with that little white thang next to the toilet? It was almost like Rednecks goin to the big city

Still downloading pics, Mom and Dad, our doggy sitters, are still here, family birthdays and a puppy with an ear problem are keeping us busy.

Small world, two dogs here named Jesse and Minnie.

Phil Space
Springfield, VA
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 9:42 pm
The Gov

Ooops, almost forgot.

Obligatory shot of the girls at the Carolina Smokehouse in Cashiers

And some from the tech session.

and my favorite, with a caption of - "HTF am I supposed to get this down below the oil tank?"

Phil Space
Springfield, VA
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:35 pm
Statmaster

Phil,

Ruth told me that. What a strange coincidence. Same bike, same names for our two dogs. What's the odds on that happening again?

FYI, Ruth did 852 miles on her Triumph to make it home in one day. Pretty damn impressive, if you asked me.

See you next year at Tan-Tar-A! I'm sure Joe will have two GTs going on at the same time in the tech session.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 4th, 2006, 6:15 am Thread Starter
I'm riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by philspace

BTW, does anybody know what yer supposin to do with that little white thang next to the toilet?
Phil,

THAT liitle white thing NEXT to the toilet is TOILET PAPER!!! :-)))
Next time ask before the event :-)))

Thanks everybody for nice pics!

Looks like you all had great time there.

BTW is it possible to rent a GT for such event?

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode