Another happy bunny - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 11:02 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Another happy bunny

Bike has arrived at the dealers at long last, SE version with all the goodies - Version 7.0 upgrade and new brake system from the get-go. TPM still not available yet. Can't collect the bike until Wed, due to the delay in getting my personal plate registered with it, but at least I've seen and touched it Picture taken in the workshop as it was raining at the time and not much room, but proof positive - everything comes to he who waits (just so long as it's not TOO long a wait )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My K1200GT 1 sm.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	3307  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 11:41 am

Congrats Chris! Glad you got to see your new bike... i'm sure RIDING it will even be better!

A couple of questions for you: how can you tell it has the new brakes on it? Is the front brake master cylinder different? Did you snap a photo of that? (the one you did get is awesome!.. thanks!).

What is the little "HALCYON" round white label on the lower forks?

Finally, how do you know you got the 7.0 software? Did they state that in the paperwork or something?...

My bike will look just like yours.. but i won't get it for another 7 or 8 weeks because i reordered to add the TPM option... Getting verification that the new '07s in production now have the new brake system is welcome news! ... Thanks!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 12:13 pm

Congrats Chris !

Question: Did you get a chance to ride an 06 with the current brakes?

I'd be interested to hear once you've ridden your 07 about the differences in the two bikes per the brake system.

Regards,
Bob Collins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 1:27 pm
Rookie

Hi
Congradulations as well, enjoy the bike from another newbie.

Tim
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 4:23 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty
Congrats Chris! Glad you got to see your new bike... i'm sure RIDING it will even be better!

A couple of questions for you: how can you tell it has the new brakes on it? Is the front brake master cylinder different? Did you snap a photo of that? (the one you did get is awesome!.. thanks!).

What is the little "HALCYON" round white label on the lower forks?

Finally, how do you know you got the 7.0 software? Did they state that in the paperwork or something?...

My bike will look just like yours.. but i won't get it for another 7 or 8 weeks because i reordered to add the TPM option... Getting verification that the new '07s in production now have the new brake system is welcome news! ... Thanks!
The dealer is fairly certain it came with the new brakes, but even they haven't ridden it yet. I will try to get some close-ups of the brake system once I actually get my hands on the bike after Wed, although it would probably need a direct comparison to see the difference. I'll try to get some shots of the dealers '06 model to compare. I've heard that other '07 GT bikes that have just been delivered in the UK have confirmed that the brakes are non-servo assisted.

The 'HALCYON' disk holder is where the tax disc goes. It's what I'm waiting for before I can legally take the bike on the road.

The dealer installed the 7.0 software as part of the PDI process.

Will post more after Wed when I have indeed been able to put it to real test. I'm going to get the TPM fitted at the 600 mile service if it's available then (which could be in a couple of weeks if I try hard )
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 4:26 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadshadowww
Congrats Chris !

Question: Did you get a chance to ride an 06 with the current brakes?

I'd be interested to hear once you've ridden your 07 about the differences in the two bikes per the brake system.

Regards,
Bob Collins
I had two extended test rides on the dealer's '06 GT, totalling over 4 hours, and found the brakes very similar in feel to my current LT. I will certainly post my thoughts on the comparison once I've had a chance to give it a good run.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode