Early Reports of 07's - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 11:31 pm Thread Starter

Early Reports of 07's

It's great to read the early reports of '07 1st rides, and the excitment of you guys waiting for delivery. You all sound like expecting new fathers. Can't blame you. Reading this stuff is making it easier to let go of the LT. I'm getting closer. My question is price??? Can I assume most are paying full MSRP for advance orders? And, anyone want to talk about their trade-in's? Can we expect to see book values? If you can stand the wait for some local inventory, would you expect dealers to negotiate a little?

Still on the fence...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 11:50 pm

This may or may not be relavent...but I did NOT pay MSRP, and I got some service thrown in as well. And, a hefty discount on accessories.

Pre-orders may be a different story. Depends how hungry the dealer is, I suppose...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2006, 11:54 pm
Rookie

Maybe not entirely relevent to you but I'm in the UK and did not pay anywhere near MSRP for an SE with high screen and large topbox delivery in early October.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 12:16 am
Telepathetic

I knew I forgot something, I didn't negotiate, paid full freight. Oh, they did give me a great trade.........oh never mind. It's a great bike.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue
85K on the clock
_'07 GS - Yeller
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 12:22 am

I never ever trade in. Selling it even at a substantial discount is still better than anything a dealer would offer, and it allows you some bargaining room, even if slight.
Greg
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 5:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC
I never ever trade in. Selling it even at a substantial discount is still better than anything a dealer would offer, and it allows you some bargaining room, even if slight.
Greg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second hand bike market is pretty over supplied here in the UK. Witness all the 2/h stock in BMW dealers!

A trade in, although arguably the mugs way, is soooo much easier.

I always do it and have saved the stress levels. frankly there's not a great deal in it for me.

Ben
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 7:04 pm

I did a trade-in and what was more important than the actual price paid for the GT was the price to change (the difference between trade-in offer and the cost of the new bike). I got a trade-in value well over book (because of the relatively low mileage), plus a very, very, good deal on a full BMW riding suit & inners. You have to ask, but deals can be had.

The main reason it is difficult in some areas (at least in the UK) to get a really fantastic deal is that currently my dealer can sell every GT he can get hold of - I think he has sold about 10 since they first came out in April. However, even if the bike had been slightly cheaper from other dealers in the area, I would still have gone to the dealer I did, because his service, both pre & post sales, is just superb. That's worth more to me than actual cost (that's not to say I don't put a bit of pressure on if the price difference is big).
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2006, 7:46 pm
Strafist

My LT has over 106,00 miles. I had to give it away, but got some bucks on the farkles. Plus, I get to ride to California and rip Hwy 1! The downside is I have to fly home. Now, that blows.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode