BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Does anybody think

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  K1DUDE 
#1 ·
it would be wise for me to try and rent a GT in Japan(Okinawa). Do you think the rice-burners(No offense intended) will try to run me off the road? I will be there for 2 weeks and I was thinking of going for a ride and see the countryside during the one open weekend I will have.
I have a feeling that drivers there a bit aggressive. It may just be my own perception from watching too many movies.
Just curious if anyone has had any experience riding over there.
:ricky

#3 ·
jebnash said:
it would be wise for me to try and rent a GT in Japan(Okinawa). Do you think the rice-burners(No offense intended) will try to run me off the road? I will be there for 2 weeks and I was thinking of going for a ride and see the countryside during the one open weekend I will have.
I have a feeling that drivers there a bit aggressive. It may just be my own perception from watching too many movies.
Just curious if anyone has had any experience riding over there.
:ricky
Japanese rules of the road are more like rules of engagement. Also, it's a small Island with a lot of people. The roads are FULL and very busy. There are some areas with nice roads but you have to fight the manic traffic to get to them. I drive in most places, but not there. Taxis are a better bet, unless you have a month or two to get used to the system first.

Have fun, and if you DO ride, please let us know how it goes. Maybe I'm out of date.

Brian :)

#8 ·
I've only driven a cage there, but it wasn't that bad (I was in Osaka), although I drive on the left side frequently in my travels. I've always found bike riding in other countries easier than cage driving as I'm more maneuverable and can get out of trouble more easily; parking is easier too.
Greg

#11 ·
messenger13 said:
That's not Japan.
ok,ok. I figured if Jeb was willing to try that he could try anywhere.

baytown said:
That is a seriously scary intersection.
Thing is, it works for the locals, where as you or I would get killed first time!
Traffic lights actually aren't that bad a thing eh!

Best wishes.

Ken.
It looks like it works for the locals,but there must be a lot of scratches and dings:)
Have fun Jeb!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.